How do I Analyze New Songs in Engine?

I use Serato to organize. When I add songs how do I analyze those new songs without having to do the whole playlist?

When auto-analysis is on, it will analyse new added tracks automatically.

2 Likes

Got it to when I refresh the Serato list ENGINE will do its thing?

About serato lists I think @mufasa can help more.

1. refresh Serato library
  2. add to collection
  3. if you have autoanalysis enabled it should automatically analyse just the new tracks

there is no option to update playlists that were previously added from serato, but the new tracks will be in the main library just not in the playlists

1 Like

Got it. I guess I would have to reanalyze manually? I use ENGINE’s algorithm but organize in Serato.

No you don’t have to analyse manually but for better control I use manual analysis

Because I done bunch of tracks with a wide range of tempos, so that my 65bpm hiphop don’t show up as 130 I do batch analysis by genre.

But you have to organize the pre existing playlist manually. It’s a royal pain.

The workaround is to delete all Engine playlists and add the serato crates again thereby all the previous tracks and new ones are now added

sorry to jump on this - i just started trying serato for all the organisation etc . so please can i confirm you do an analysis in engine too? i guess it’s no different to the hardware doing it one at a time when you load them to play out ?

You can analyze in Engine Prime. You analyze more than one song at a time I highlight multiple songs right-click then click analyze. You can tine tune how you want Engine to analyze in settings

it’s cool thanks

I must say I am be extremely wary of Auto-Analysis. It analysed my entire library and, on 95% of the songs analysed, I couldn’t adjust the beat grid on the SC6000.

I re-analysed the entire library without the damn thing enabled and everything worked fine… just my 5 cents.

as i understand “analyse” reads the tags already present on the files and “reanalyse” is where engines bpm detection overrules the id3 stuff . i could be wrong though - i mean just “analyse” and “reanalyse” could mean many things and i don’t think explanation is given in the manual (i may be wrong) pretty ambiguous really as i don’t use sync manager (and work directly on the ssd) i just wanted to check i wasn’t missing something when trying to introduce serato into the mix

Auto-Analysis is just regular Analysis–It analyzes the track’s incoming metadata. Reanalysis runs Engine’s algorithm allowing to edit beat grids on the consoles and in the desktop app.

Well… I may have been extremely unlucky… like I said… it imposed a beat grid to most of my songs that I couldn’t change on my SC6000M.

If I opened the same song on Engine DJ, I could then slide the beat grid, however, the following options were greyed out:

• Drop anchor
  • /2

Do you know what I did wrong here? As mentioned before, re-analysing with “Auto-analyse” off seemed to work well.

Some tracks just don’t allow edit without reanalysis.

I get the same issue with some tracks. I have an idea of what’s causing it but there is no fix yet

Really curious to hear about your suspicion :slight_smile:

It’s not a suspicion :nerd_face:

I did try looking for thread where I posted my findings on it

At my end it affects certain tracks that I imported from serato

Mind you it does not affect majority of my serato tracks

The tracks affected are those that I manually place the grid elsewhere in serato

Eg a tracks that don’t start on beat

Rather interesting comment… The issue affected all the tracks that did contain beat grid information, hot cues, loops, etc from Rekordbox.

I did not experience it with rekordbox and traktor tracks when I was troubleshooting

If you have kid3 check out the properties of the track, see if there is any serato information in the tag

No Serato information should be there as I don’t have Serato and recorded these tracks myself from vinyl into 96Khz, 24 bit aiff files.