Hooking up a turntable to my Prime 4

Hey guys,

So I have a reloop 8000mk turntable and would like to attch it to the Prime 4. I have tried a few things.

So the turntable itself has both line out and phono out and the Prime 4 has two channels that support line and phono. So I have tried every way possible to get sound through but all I get are two things.

I either get muffled sound and crackling or perfect sound but only playing through one speaker/channel.

So my speakers are fine, when djing on the prime 4 everything is perfect. The rca cables used for the reloop turntable which is only 18 months old are fine. I have even swapped oout the rca cables but I get the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check Your needle?

brand new good shout though

Check if it sits correctly in the arm, it can have some issues there sometimes. Re-sitting it in the tonearm maybe could help…?

Moin @Dean_Hollis,

did you use a test-record. eg. published by shure “this is the left channel” vs. “this is the right channel” vs. “these are both channels”.? So you can test fast and efficient where the signal breaks.

As @NoiseRiser posted, check the cartridge carefully, if all these four little cables are fitting properly and don’t that there is an intermittent contact. If you have a tester, check all end’S carefully.

An intermittend contact can drive you crazy, but you will find out the reason.

Good luck while checking your system.

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

So checked my needle, took it off put it back on and it worked. Never thought it was the needle as its new but this kind of thing used to happened back in the day. Thanks man

1 Like

Great that You have it sorted out, happy mixing!

1 Like