Hfs+ on Prime 4

Hi, prime 4+ reads hfs+ usb drives but not the Prime 4.

Rekordbox is hfs+ fully compatible… so our device is not fully rekordbox compatible ?

Please upgrade this in next update. The Sc6000 is compatible

So you want to use a rekordbox usb on the P4? Isn’t it time to say goodbye to RB?

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how many votes this gets, or not.

2 Likes

I wish. But clubs only use Pioneer cdj devices.

Use both, it’s not that difficult to manage multiple libraries in multiple software.

HFS+ is a Mac file system, it has nothing to do with being Rekordbox compatible. Windows, Mac, Pioneer and the original Prime 4 can all read exFat. Use exFat for full compatibility.

With big usb keys hfs+ is way faster

And the P4+ reads it, why the P4 not ? (So as sc6000which are old too)

If i was comparing generations of Prime products, id bundle the Prime 4+ and SC-6000s together, with the old Prime 4 being more comparable to the SC-5000s.

If you’re looking for speed, buy a good 3D Nand supported SSD and install it in the Prime 4, far faster performance than any USB stick all around.

But he cannot install the SSD into the Pioneer.

1 Like

Correct, but with this being the Engine forum, im only interested in suggesting the best way of getting the most out of gear using Engine OS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rekordbox/Pioneer recommands Fat32 that Prime 4 also can read. And yes its not time to say goodbye - but hello - to rekordbox because its much better than Engine DJ at the moment.

It’s an opinion, that I strongly disagree with, Rekordbox is a clunky annoying mess of a program that makes organising and adding music a chore.

3 Likes