Here We Go Again

Considering the issues I have seen with ‘UPDATES’, I should have known better. I just updated the Engine Prime to v. 4.0.0, and Denon’s geniuses (and I use that term loosely) and in an obvious effort to justify their existence, have changed things to a point where I no longer know what stuff does, what it is used for and much less HOW TO Fing USE IT! I can understand updates intended to fix issues that users may have been having. But to introduce an update that just changes things as well as introducing other stuff that I have , NO CLUE what it’s for, DID NOT ASK FOR, and DON’T Fing NEED is beyond me.

All that said…would someone be kind enough to tell me how I can roll back this crap, to my previous version? I Thank You and I apologize for the rant!

hi @JAMMINJohnny ,

Plenty of guides can be found here.

3 Likes

:crazy_face: this 4.0 version is amazing and not so different from the older one

3 Likes

You’re not the only user in the world

What you could consider, is next time the message pops up on the screen to say that there’s a new firmware update available, you could check out the features offered in that update, and, if there’s nothing included that appeals to you, then just click…

[ No ]

2 Likes

Hello. I update my SC live 4 about one month ago 14/06/2024. After that I downgrade to 3.4 I because I didn’t like new layout and load deck screen, and I thing I give second chance to the 4.0 version I update second time after 2 or 3 days , and now I play 2 event’s with 4.0 and I thing is very good and stabile version , now I waiting for Denon change load deck screen layout only this is wrong for me :wink: I need more info on this screen.

1 Like

Sure, what was your previous version? And what unit do you have?

Out of curiosity - Which features from your previous version can’t you find in 4.0?

First, thank you to those that ACTUALLY OFFERED suggestion, or answer to my question. I truly appreciate the time to provide me with suggestions. This medium, I dare say, is intended for finding answers to issues that users are facing. It’s unfortunate however, that there are those that rather than offer help, as is being requested, only give opinion. You know what they say about opinions…“EVERYBODY HAS ONE” I came here for help, not to read opinions. As the saying goes, …“if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all”.

1 Like

If you scroll down a bit and choose “Engine OS”, then you can find the download file for 3.4 :blush:

1 Like

This also may help.

In my experience from being a user of this forum for a few years now, far the majority of users here are very happy to help, but also the responses often depends on the tone of the original post.

A lot of users here - myself included - are quite passionate Denon/Engine DJ users, and when being met with F-bombs, products being called “crap” and the team sarcastically being called “geniuses”, people tend to respond in the same tone.

Had the original request been something like “3.4 worked better for my workflow - can anybody help out with downgrading?” I’m sure the replies had also looked quite different.

Anyway, hope it’ll work out with the downgrade - 3.4 is definitely a beast of a version as well (even though I personally really enjoy the new layout). Happy mixing! :blush:

12 Likes

Funny you should say that, considering the tone of your original post.

If you wanted help, why write a rant? That’s not a good way to get help.

4 Likes

Kris, you’re absolutely correct. In retrospect I do admit my initial post was harsh, and apologize for my ‘outburst’. As an old school DJ, MK1200’s and heavy crates of vinyl DJ, I too believe that the Denon system I/we are using are absolute marvels! Just that I was truly p!$$ed off about the way the thing had been reorganized. As previously stated, it takes me a while to get used to how things are setup, where they are, and what they do (the ones I DO use), and then all of a sudden an update, turns everything ‘upsidedown’ and I have to re-learn, if you will, a new layout. Not to mention additional ‘features’.

I do however stand by my contention that ‘updates’ should, in the very least, be limited to ‘FIXING’ known issues. When things start to get knocked around, changed, and just changing the overall look and workings of the product, that is no longer an update, but a wholesale change in the product itself. That I believe is an UPGRADE. I admit that view could be endlessly debated.

Once again my Thanks and apologies.

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right, and I apologize to you as well. I was just very upset about the changes.

2 Likes

All good mate :blush:

2 Likes

I will say play with it for a bit and if you still feel the same way after a week, then roll back. Not everything is for everyone. I still know some folks using Serato Scratch Live.

4 Likes

I find big changes a pain most of the time too, what I would like better stability. I don’t need loads of FX added on, there nice as toys but if you watch Pro DJs they don’t use many. I would like to see is better music cataloging similar to Rekordbox 5/6 On the upside at least for now Engine is better than Rekordbox 7! Rekordbox 7 just dumped support for a lot of Pioneer decks for performance mode & made others subscription only. So let’s pray Inmusic does not do that!

1 Like

You’re welcome

I doubt Inmusic as ‘underdog’ would risk such a move. Actually, the toxic behavior of Pioneer/AT in the recent months, combined with their lack of firmware updates, is our chance to bring more people to the light side of the force.

But yes, Engine desktop needs to mature faster. More robust library features, and a proper performance / DJ mode wouldn’t hurt either, to bring all those Rane, Numark and maybe some older Denon controllers (MC4000/7000/8000) into the Engine ecosystem as well.

Is that AT/Serato merge 100% out of our concern now, since the NZ commerce commission denied it?

2 Likes

I would even suggest adding older denon dj gear to the supported controller library DN-S3700 in midi mode or hybrid midi mode, SC3900 and SC2900 also in midi mode or hybrid midi mode. And good old DN-S1200 in midi mode. That would give the owners of older units a glimpse in to the future and maybe help them move further in to the NEW prime eco-system.

1 Like

You need to stop making sense. Next thing you know someone might suggest returning mcx8000 export mode to Engine DJ.

Or…and this is pure blasphemy: support even older models so more users get used to Engine and are more likely to upgrade to Prime gear.