Hello, there is a way to put 8 samples instead of 6, if they can be put independent on each side. Thank you

Hello, there is a way to put 8 samples instead of 6, if they can be put independent on each side. Thank you

There are slots for eight samples but they aren’t independent each side. It’s the same eight for both sides.

If you have the Prime Go it will put four samples on two “banks”.

If you open a feature request it will gauge how many people would like the feature.

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying and I agree with you. if you can put samples on 1 side you should be able to do the same on the other side as well like the ns7III which they make. You should be able to do the same on either side they can be independent or they can be mirrored as well.

Definitely should be something that is done along with us prime 4 users not having to use the channel 4 volume for the samples. But before that is done they need to figure out how to get more volume out of the on screen volume for samples because as it is right now using my prime 4 I have to turn my gain on channel 4 up 3/4 of the way to max with the on screen volume at max and still have to match my music track that is playing with the volume slider on channel 4 to play my samples or DJ drops definitely needs improvement but glad they finally put the sampler in. It was a huge feature that was missing for a long time.

1 Like

Is there not an internal volume setting for samples in the menu? There is on the prime 2 iirc.

1 Like

Either side (for left handed or right handed pref) might be an option.

I suspect that “both” might be the limitation here.

Eg: 16 samples loaded to pads might take up twice as much memory from the prime as 8 samples. (It might even be the case that only the first few seconds of samples are actually loaded into and assigned to the pad, with the rest of the longer sample being loaded into the pad upon pad being triggered.

I’m also willing to bet that if they did add 16, people would demand 32, then 64 etc etc.

The never ending train of feature requests. At least there is an option for people full stop, and they did say it’s only phase one, so I expect more control of the samples to come.

1 Like

I guess you missed what I initially said about the volume . As of now I have the internal or screen volume for samples maxed out and I still have to turn my gain knob 3/4 of the up and still need to match the volume on the fader of channel 4 with where ever the fader is on the music that is playing live. So in order for the channel 4 to be removed as they said they would be doing in a future update but who knows when that will be the internal or screen volume has to be increased so there is more volume available once the channel 4 goes away. Right now prime 4 must use channel 4 to play samples. Unlike other Denon products that don’t have to lose a channel in order to play samples.

Hey djawesomeant ! … what I do when I have that low volume samples/sounds, or even very old tracks, is to use Audacity, a free (Daw?) app and I remaster them, I bring the volume where I want. It is easy and it solved that problem. Never have a volume issue w. the sampler. If you don’t know how to do that check You Tube, Audacity Mastering etc … (if I understand correctly the issue)

Agreed… some peanut would start mentioning that the £259.93 software “Sort of DJ” has been offering 8.6 million samples by using Shift + or Right jog hold + so all prime machines should have that same feature free, by tomorrow, or they’re going to throw away this and buy one of those

1 Like

Which previous models were you thinking of that did that?

The midi controllers don’t count as they’re only telling the connected laptop and software to turn the volume down. Previous.to that, it was a couple of the dual cd decks which offered (and their single cd desktop equivalents) which offered a few seconds of sample.

1 Like

I would like to see a different adjustment for the samples on tje prime 4 now that you can play it independently not using a channel if you wish to. Again because of no auto gain each sample you play is a different volume with no u. Meter you can’t see the volume it’s strictly a guess sometimes it’s to low and sometimes it’s to loud. So instead of a slider bar maybe a knob type of button on the screen instead of a slider bar or something or maybe sole thing similar to Serato so you can adjust each sample independently some how and adjust just the volume of that specific sample? There is no way to independently check the volume of each sample that you try to play. Auto-Gsin would help this a lot unless they add something in some way to individually adjust volume of the samples you play through the master out instead of through a channel. Definitely something to think about.