Having a hard time getting my cues and loops back after library reorganization

Hello all,

I had an issue where I could no longer add tracks to crates after updating to 2.x+. (I thought I solved it and closed another thread I had made, but it turns out I didn’t actually solve it. And now am trying other things.)

After flip flopping between older versions with no success, I decided to install 2.1 again and take the opportunity to re-organize my music in their folders, through the windows file manager.

Now, I am trying to add my music back to the library in this new folder configuration, and it will create a new playlist in the Engine library, but I don’t seem to have my cues and loops anymore?

Is anyone able to help please? Hopefully there is a way to save my cues and loops? I have owned two SC5000s and an x1800 for four years, and have set up thousands of tracks in Engine DJ. I have generally loved them until the end of last year when this nightmare started. I have literally stopped accepting work until I can get this sorted.

Thanks in advance! -G

Well I’ve been reading around the forum and it’s not looking like good news so far.

So let me propose another workaround, let’s say I have a USB with my library and it has all of my cues and loops.

Is there some sort of way I can take the database files from that USB that contains the cues and loops for my songs, and then delete the main collection, and then re add the collection back to engine DJ in my new folder structure, and then just take the database files off of my old USB somehow?

Is that possible?

Maybe Lexicon

1 Like

I had to search up what that was, but I must say, that software looks incredibly promising! I will give it a download and check it out.

Thank you for tipping me off to that.