Free Discog tagger

Found this on reddit

Just sharing

6 Likes

TagScanner does this also. Using an API and a Discogs account.

TBH, I seldom find it useful, but any automation is welcomed.

1 Like

@Engell this tool claims to pull the “date of the original release” that it can find on discog

I have tested it on windows with a few tracks from “greatest hits” and compilations, it appears to do what it says on the tin automatically.

1 Like

I like the sound of that!! I use Yate which is great for sorting album art and dates, but you have to do it manually, and then sometimes to get artwork on top means you can’t select the original track date. I’ll try this with a few of my compilations.

That is, it also allows the automatic compilation of the tags, taking the information from Discogs?

I tried to see the link you sent, at some point it said to look for the already compiled version (Download latest version in releases tab), unfortunately I can’t find the “release tab”: have you seen it?

Click on the Assets. It will expand to show already compiled zip for your OS

Sorry @mufasa but I don’t see any “Assets” button. This is what I see:

Its on the right panel…Releases

Thanks @mufasa :tada: :confetti_ball: :birthday: :birthday: :clinking_glasses:

I managed to download the software! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I tested it with some AC/DC tracks… Couldnt find correct year :pensive:

Did you chose “overwrite” for your test tracks?

Yes, my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:scream: :sob: :cry:

what a disappointment: I was already happy to be able to update the dates of my collection automatically.

Thats why I tested with AC/DC… Pretty good chance that it should be in their database… So I wasnt happy when I saw the result :worried:

Tested with an ACDC compilation. Looks okay here

Noticed you get better result if the filename is correct. The app appears to depend on proper file names.

eg my file names will be “Artist - Title.mp3”

I also call MP3 files the same way: maybe I have a good chance to make this application work with my files too. Over the weekend I will try calmly and then I will let you know.

This tool is awesome. Yesterday I use it with my progressive trance classics folder (tunes from 2003-2005). 85% success rate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if this is also able to write to or edit the chunk tags in Wav files too ?

No WAV support.

mp3 and flac only.

Will try again then :blush: @mufasa - Anyway to mark those files that it didnt update?