So yeah as the title states I have seen this since the back end of last year.
Latest version is Engine DJ v3.0.0
Open Engine DJ & it loads tracks ok which have mp3 tags with date created & modified etc.
Pop some into Collection - all good
Go to Collection pop some onto USB stick - all good
Go back to ‘Files’ & all the track’s ‘Date created’ reset to 01/01/1970 !
It looks like the tags aren’t being read when load tracks.
Only way to get the correct dates back is to close Engine & restart.
I was hoping this would be fixed in v3.0.0.
Seems to happen to me when playing unconnected from the web, on my SC5000’S
Time/date is provided by internet connection and will reset if not connected (at least on my players)
Thanks @rcatelli maybe it’s related?
My laptop has Engine DJ v3 running & it’s definitely connected to web.
& my SC6000M has all the correct ‘Date created’ dates, just not the laptop software.
Problem I have is only in the laptop PC software.
If you Google that date you can see it’s commonly used ‘default date’ in databases. The nerd side of it is way beyond my understanding but it makes pretty interesting reading how it came about.
It may also go some way to explaining away the issue you’re having.
Thanks @STU-C that makes sense.
Engine is not always seeing dates of files.
I tried ‘Date Added’ - same thing when you click into ‘Collection’ all dates are correct, then when you click back at your files folder in Engine, Engine decides not to read any dates so just displays the default date 01/01/1970.
I’ll just keep on resetting Engine turning it off & back on again to get the correct dates in my files, until this gets sorted. It’s not ideal.
It really can’t be that hard to fix.
Do the software developers read any of these issues?
They do frequent the forums 100% and will read it.
I have a suspicion why. Video would be helpful.
Try checking your files offline in a program like MP3Tag (also other file formates besides MP3’s are supported).
In my workflow, i usually put all tags correct (including release date) and afterwards i put them in a seperate folder to drag 'n drop to Engine Library.
Upon until now, never had the issue (by using this flow) with dates. Only when one was not filled it, it would (indeed) display 1970…
Hi thanks but its nothing to do with tags as I have mp3tag and all the tags work fine & initially show up correct upon starting Engine.
Its when switching between the PC folders & ‘Collection’ in Engine where it messes up.
I have however found one solution…
Keep the number of tracks down to a minimum in your windows / mac folders, as, if there’s too many then Engine throws a wobbly - & decides there’s too much Date tag data lol & decides to ignore the file Dates so resets them to 1970 like Back to the Future nonsense.
I’ve found that Engine can ‘manage’ at least a hundred files in one folder which is enough for me of about a month’s new tunes.
Atm, Engine is no good for massive catalogues of hundred’s of tunes in one folder, it works ok when they’re organised into separate folders.
This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.