Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

My Kontrol X1 had this function where the pitch bend button would light up in the direction that needs to be corrected. If the tracks where in sync, both buttons would be dark. Great feature!

1 Like

Are you guys kidding me??? Arrows to show you wich way to make finer adjustments to mixing??? Why don’t just listen to your mix and adjust accordingly instead of staring at the screen or just use the SYNC BUTTON???

6 Likes

I just came up with another feature suggestion. How about a secondary roll mode (e.g. press roll twice) to perform a scratch (baby scratch) roll in different speeds?

It’s a touch decision but as with many others I’ve spoken with. What we see “At a glance” is the most importance. And for me that means seeing the entire track title without any extra button pressing. Double tapping does sound like a good idea. But when I say quick mixing I’m talking just a step below turntablism so to speak. You’re mixing super shot acapella out edits that are 1 minute, to acapella loops that are only 30 seconds long. In these types of situations EVERY second counts. When you’re able to see more, the mind opens up more as well. You remember certain songs to play when you can see more at a glance. I know it’s no laptop but the more tracks & information you’re able to see, the more it will help a lot of us feel at home. But I am aware we are limited to a small (yet sizeable) LCD screen on the player. I stopped DJing with a laptop a few years ago…but there are things I do miss about being able to see 25-50 tracks at a time opposed to 6-8. Not sure how many you can see at a time with the Denon SC5000s but I’m assuming it’s a bit similar. Also 1 of the biggest missed features is “Instant Doubles” …it’s a HUGE thing for tunrtablists that favor scratching on one side and many other scenarios. I believe the way pioneer implements it on their latest NXS2 is by utilizing the link/ethernet cable for it. That doesn’t fly with people like me that always perform with 2 separate USB sticks with the same tracks/playlists mirrored in case of faulty link cables or the possibility of that link cable being easily disconnected. Does the SC5000 have instant doubles? (sorry to digress a bit…but figured I’d toss that in there while I have you)

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but as far as another suggestion goes what about a Sampler/Sequencer Mode.

Basically, the unit would become, in essence, a drum machine (think 808 style) where the buttons at the bottom of the unit would serve as step-sequener (on a per sample basis) and on-screen GUI would control the cells for sounds and banks for that matter. Perhaps one could take it a step further and create some type of clip launcher a la Ableton/Traktor that would enable the user to integrate loops/one shots–perhaps the Layer button would allow to switch between these “Live Performance” modes.

Of course, knowing the amount of planning and foresight that has gone into the SC5000, I wouldn’t be surprised if Denon already had this on the long term to-do list. And I mean that with the utmost respect. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Has anyone mentioned a “Daytime” viewing mode for better visibility in sunlight? That would be really useful!!

7 Likes

^^^ THIS! Daytime mode for the win!

2 Likes

Your suspicions are correct TO… these aid soft takeovers

Is it possible to have multiple prep lists, like press shift and swipe to add to a secondary preplist like for special tequests or later in the set. And is there a security not to load in a deck thats playing? Probably way ahead of me but havent seen these questions i had answerred yet. Thanks and keep up the good!

To prevent a playing track from being halted by loading in a new track, there’s a “Lock Playing Deck” option in the Menu

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Hi, another question: I saw all the named search options but I missed search in comments. In traktor I got used to tag certain tracks in comment & comment2 (in the meta track data but visible in a column just like bpm key title artist etc.) in other words, are those search options customizable, and is the visible data in playlists also customizable as well as sizable? (still three weeks delivery time for the players and 15 weeks for the mixer :frowning: so sorry for all the nagging questions. Am very excited .) :))

1 Like

I would love to see some sort of RBAC(role based access controls) USB encryption integration. If you plug in a USB that has been encrypted, the deck would recognize the stick and you would be promoted for a passcode before you would be able to start to access the content on the stick. Or maybe we don’t care about the encryption part and use the feature to Auto setup your settings with a push off a button. Or maybe use the feature to log in and export your playing history with your OneDrive or Dropbox account or the ability to pull a track down from your cloud library that you forgot at home.

1 Like

In my opinion this sounds perfect! Furthermore I would like to the Pitch ‘n’ Time function also on the Player, e. g. by pressing the +/- Buttons during you press a hot cue or hold the hot cue to pitch the Cue temporary up or down. If you release the Hot Cue, the Sound should be go back to the normal pitch Level.

Hi yall, another maybe stupid question, is there a played state marker? So when u played a track there appears some kind of mark next to it to remember u have platte it allready in that set?

2 Likes

The track’s title/info will turn green in the song list once the song has been played. It’s white if it hasn’t been played yet.

2 Likes

I always am amazed at how lazy my brain has become since introducing software into my DJ setup. I used to have to keep track of what I had already played all night long all by myself. Now if the computer doesn’t tell me I already played something, I’ve totally forgotten an hour later. haha

Needless to say, happy to hear your answer. So is my dancefloor! ha

3 Likes

Probably a pipe dream, but if Denon could bring in some level Atmos integration, I might never leave my house… This would probably more come in through Engine Prime but I will take anything I can get.

Will there be an advanced beatgrid section on the player itself too, so you can half or double it or set new gridmarkers when a track starts to float?