and you’re going to what? Reloop?
or dropping £3k on an AT device that has nothing new ?
and you’re going to what? Reloop?
or dropping £3k on an AT device that has nothing new ?
Honestly I don’t see how the Prime is outdated. Sure, you get used to anything but to me it seems Pioneer or AT is lost in design. They finally caught up with 4 decks and then some but they still have a fixed screen, no separate zones or internal drive bay. They do have support for wireless headphone which no sane DJ will want anyway for obvious reasons. To each their own of course but I cannot support Pioneer or AT since they are overpriced junk imo. I am on SC6000 and still love them. The new software features constantly put them in a league of their own. Soundwise they are matching the Pioneers despite the latter having slightly better figures on paper but at some point this doesn’t matter anymore. Oh, but but but the club standard… Right. Since I’m more of a mobile DJ I don’t gaf and if I do need to play in a club they either put SC6000 for me of allow me to bring my own. Problem solved. In the end if you kow the one you can get used to the other fast.
I get some of your comments. I think Engine has long ways to go and if you are a laptop DJ is hard to top a lot of those features you get when working with software. The asset manager in Engine needs work and I am not a fan of their workflows in general. The DJ experience is great and even with those limitations, as far as stand alone units I think Prime 4+ still number one to me. In general, what I learned is that the stand alone route wasn’t for me. All units fell short.
But as a controller, the extra money you pay for the prime 4+ is worth every penny when compare to any Pioneer unit or any other unit in general. It was a good decision even that things didn’t work out the way I thought it was going to work. No regrets for me. At the end of the day is a personal decision, is all about what works for you.
Knowing several people who have both the AZ and the P4G2 now, most of them are selling the AZ. The key advantage the AZ had has gone with omni channel. Having used both I’d not lump around the bigger heavier AZ by choice.