Fader 2 died

My fader 2 died, well it kind of works. It went from working 100% to wokr only the top 25% (means only the last 25% of the fader works and does all the job). I i have it all way up and come down slow, only the first 25 having impact in the music).

Is there any command to test all keys in the denon prime 4 controller? In my pioneer set i have a service mode command that allows me to test all the keys. What is the equivalent to prime 4?

I also have other problems originated from terrible support here in Portugal (by serviset).

Thanks in advance.

Continuing the discussion from Channel fader replacement prime4:

What you’re describing sounds like fader curve or fader contour ranther than anything mechanical…. Check your menu presets

would it just affect one single fader? even after a reboot?

After a reboot yes:

One single fader? I don’t think it’s split that way. Faders fail or get dirt in them - it may simply need to be replaced. It happens

This is strange but it may be. The case i refer has the exact same problem I have in the exact same fader. Do you know any way to test the hardware like pioneer has? for example in this unit

No one? not evend dennon it self?

Denon service centre would need to see it physically to be sure

I mean, dont they have like pionner a way to test the device keys without have to send it to support or something?

If there is a button test then :-

A) InMusic haven’t publically advertised it

B) it wouldn’t show up an issue with fader curve response - a test program would show maybe a number changing from say 0 at one end of the fader travel, and 255 or 128 or 100 at the other end of the fader travel - but fader curve is software driven from the software saying how much signal is “let through” when the fader is at any of those numbers eg if fader = 75 then play the sound at 90% of the signal

(Of course, no audio passing through the fader any more, only numbers)

It’s likely that you could keep bumping this thread for a long time and not make the fader work how you want it to. A service center may be the best way to get it working.

Not every ailment has a non-service center fix

1 Like

Well pioneer has one. And it allows for easy diagnostic if faulty unit or software configuration problem, i have even on stage run the diagnostic test with success, it takes a couple of seconds to enter and less than a minute to complete and you can easy find out where the problem is.

I was hopping it had one to in dennon too. Thanks for the help, before support (that is terrible in portugal, and does not repair, it replaces and in some cases they dont even replace the correct part (yes serviset is terrible arround here, i can explain why if you want)) will try all the software options, and then will buy the part and replace my self. Thanks.

Same happend to me after 10 months, 4hours per week “living room use”: Channel 2 is not usable because fader 2 is defect: volume is pumping all over the place, even then the fader is not moved…my advice: get a Pioneer as soon as it is available…

My my, aren’t you a little ray of trolling sunshine - having made similar replies on 4 consecutive posts.

1 Like