Exfat/fat32 rekordbox playlist problems

I have an ssd that I have copied all my library over as a straight copy from Windows explorer.

The ssd is default exfat.

I cannot right click export playlists in rekordbox to this drive as it doesn’t recognise exfat.

I have tried the engine route, but as you know there are issues with this showing 0 tracks in playlists.

The ssd cannot be formatted in fat32, and Denon told everyone to use exfat anyway.

I can do a few playlists onto memory stick which is fat32 and plug in prime 4 and it works. Why can I NOT do same for my whole playlist list onto SSD??? PLEASE HELP as ive had Prime 4 since day 1 but cannot use it how I want. Ive been on pioneer and rekordbox forever so when I saw the p4 and telling me I can convert easily from rekordbox, I went for it. But still NO JOY. Advice Please

Is your issue with rekordbox or engine prime?

I have an ssd that I have copied all my library over as a straight copy from Windows explorer. The ssd is default exfat. I cannot right click export playlists in rekordbox to this drive as it doesn’t recognise exfat. I have tried the engine route, but as you know there are issues with this showing 0 tracks in playlists. The ssd cannot be formatted in fat32, and Denon told everyone to use exfat anyway. I can do a few playlists onto memory stick which is fat32 and plug in prime 4 and it works. Why can I NOT do same for my whole playlist list onto SSD??? PLEASE HELP as ive had Prime 4 since day 1 but cannot use it how I want. Ive been on pioneer and rekordbox forever so when I saw the p4 and telling me I can convert easily from rekordbox, I went for it. But still NO JOY. Advice please

Where is your main music stored? Your main collection. Is it on your laptop internal drive or external drive?

Is this SSD installed into the Prime 4? Making it a copy of the music in your laptop?

This is fine as long as it’s MBR or GUID (for drives larger than 2TB). I will not advise using FAT32 so stick with ExFat

Double posts merged here.

1 Like

Its a 1tb ssd so just exfat.

What about the rest of the questions I asked?

The main collection is on ssd internal on laptop. Copied straight on to ssd that will go into prime 4 so yes a copy of music from laptop.

It can’t work. You must use Engine Prime software to transfer your music

Cool.

Why not use the Sync Manager to get your songs from the main collection to the Prime4 SSD.

Is there a particular reason you copied the tracks over manually?

You need to settle on a method (using your internal drive collection)

• For ease of use - Sync Manager

• For quickness - Drag and Drop method (within EP)

Your method which is you manually copying over in Windows is best for folks who will not use their main collection again. Or who already use external SSD to store their music (due to storage limitations on their laptop). For example i dont have any music on my laptop internal drive, my music is store exclusively on an external SSD.

In your case, Engine prime will see your internal and external as two separate sources. If you make changes to a file eg add cue points to your External drive copy, Engine will not sync that back to the internal drive. 50 Cent - In Da Club stored on your laptop internal is not 50 cent - In Da Club (P4 Internal)

If you want to make playlist with your External SSD as it is.

• Plug the Prime 4 to your laptop.

• Go to Devices in EP

• Click on the SSD

• The window should populate with tracks that are solely based in the P4

• Then create a new playlist in that

• You will have to add the tracks one by one, the tracks have to be on the SSD

But i will advise that you format the p4 ssd and just use sync manager.

Engine doesn’t wort too well. As in other threads people have posted. It shows files trans 0. It does a folder then 0 again so you have to keep closing down. Plus it doesn’t transfer all the songs. There is a really long winded way but denon say its simple in their videos, but it doesn’t work. I need all playlists from my rekordbox to use the p4 to its max. I do not want to start again. So frustrating. If i make the ext ssd the main library could i then do it?

The library software on your computer is called Engime Prime. On the hardware it’s called Engine OS. Please don’t confuse the two, as it confuses others when reading your posts.

If you can export RB playlists to the USB stick successfully, why can’t you do that in stages? RB to USB to Prime 4.

As others have said, you have gone about things totally the wrong way. You really should read the manuals and follow the correct procedures.

I have followed denons videos from day one. Engine software loaded all ok. Rekordbox software loaded and playlists all set up on pc too. All ok.

Follow Denons instructions to migrate. Rekordbox xml then into engine and follow their instructions to transfer playlists and crates.

The problem is as others have stated in other posts that this doesn’t work, it misses files and shows 0 files added in playlists on Engine.

My question is if this isn’t working yet, is there a way I can put all my rekordbox playlists onto the SSD which is exfat? If so how, if not why not? As you say you can do memory sticks but this isn’t the answer, granted it might be the only way, but its not ideal when you have over 100 playlists covering everything I need and use depending on what party I’m doing. For me this is important and I DO NOT want to start again.

If i understand it, exfat is what prime 4 Engine OS likes? Pioneer Rekordbox doesnt. Is this correct?

But simply, is Denon working on the transfer situation that everyone is moaning about and in the meantime, is there a simple way of doing what myself along with loads of others want to do?

Thanks for you responses and answers, I’m sure it will get worked out eventually.

I notice you haven’t mentioned it in this thread. Which version of Rekordbox are you using?

ps, Engine software isn’t doing it yet successfully so can I bypass Engine to put my playlists onto internal ssd on Prime 4? Thats the main thing I’m trying to do.

I’m using both version 5.8 and 6

It’s called Engine Prime, not Engine.

No you shouldn’t be bypassing it. You’re supposed to be using it. Not using it will likely result in a mess.

Which Rekordbox version are you trying to import (to EP) from? I’d suggest using 5 rather than 6.

Did you read my post above?

Do you want your stuff to work?

Wipe the P4 Internal SSD, use Engine Prime to transfer your Rekordbox playlist to it

Simple.

Have you got skype?

I dont have Skype sorry. Ive got whats app or Facebook video. Can we talk tomorrow day or early evening?

Gotcha. Remove your number from the post. You don’t want unsolicited calls :skull:

1 Like

I wiped everything and started again. Still not worked out. So if I break it down maybe you can guide me? I have got a new laptop so I’m starting from scratch. My laptop has 2 ssd 1 has all my programs on, C drive and D drive just has music on.

My RB collection and playlists all work fine this way.

I have Engine Prime on my C drive as this is where it downloads to.

OPEN EP - click RB and import playlists which works all ok and can see my music.

RIGHT CLICK create playlist puts the playlist in the right place BUT 0 TRACKS COPIED.

I’ve done thus too many times now so very fed up. Not worth connecting blue lead until all the initial parts completed. I would use EP if it did what I asked it to do. Its not playing ball.

Anyone reading this, please don’t send me the videos from last year from Denon. I’m really getting to the point of giving up and moving on. Please help.