EngineDJ 3.1 on Win10 laptop: "Database Corrupt"

I’ve updated the EngineDJ software on my Windows 10 laptop from 3.01 to 3.1. I have not yet updated the OS on my SC Live 4. I have purchased new music also and am putting together a playlist for a set this weekend, however I am experiencing a regular error message that ‘the database is corrupt’, all tracks disappear and all functionality is lost. I have to close EngineDJ and restart, and it works for a while, then repeat. There is no suggestion of how to recover the database. This did not happen with version 3.01. Any suggestions on how to un-corrupt and recover my database?

Update: It appears that 3.1 has corrupted the database, and then backed-up the corrupted version, as although it appears to sync with the SD card for the controller, the synced SD card does not have any new music or playlists. I reluctantly updated the controller to 3.1 also, in case there was an incompatibility between 3.1 on the laptop and 3.01 on the controller. It made no difference. Next, a clean install of 3.01 on the laptop to try and unf**k the database

1 Like

The same problem is happening to me

I’ve just updated to 3.1.0 and no new playlist or new songs will appear on my prime 4 when using the sync manager to add new songs to my usb

Hope they fix this error fast

I have uninstalled 3.1 then did a clean install of 3.01 from https://enginedj.com/downloads

v3.01 reads the updated database, I’ve not had any ‘database corrupt’ error messages and it has successfully synced the new music to the SD card, which has been successfully read by the controller. I’m not reinstalling 3.1 on the laptop until it’s sorted!

1 Like

Sounds similar to the post I put up. Tonight I ran library clean up and tried that, still same result, then re downloaded engine DJ and ran repair to see if that solved the problem. This worked to update 2 drives one ssd and one sd and then the next failed and further ones would also no update with new files and playlist. Drives all formatted in ex fat and all been updated prior to 3.1 update in 3.0.1

Mine is working now with 3.0.1 so I won’t update to 3.1 until the new songs and new playlist issues are fixed

1 Like

I’ve just had a problem, USB corrupted for absolutely no reason :man_facepalming:t2: turned itself into RAW format. Hoping I can recover it tomorrow!

I just had a similar experience. I uninstalled 3.1 then reinstalled 3.0.1 then restarted computer, then reinstalled 3.1 and lo and behold, everything seems to be fine.

I’m running Windows 11

1 Like

Thanks for this Hitman. Now that the weekend’s set is out of the way and based on your experiences I tried again with 3.1 on the laptop. I uninstalled 3.01 and did a clean install of 3.1 So far, so good. No database issues, the library loads much faster, the SD card ejects properly and playlists and music copy across. (Windows 10) Bizarre, but a relief!

Im glad it worked for you too. I dont have a good explanation, but it worked so all is good