ENGINE wont open????

hi folks just downloaded the most recent version of engine prime ( 1.6.1) and now when i double click the shortcut on my laptop (windows) it wont open… the loading box in the middle of the screen starts up then nothing opens… Any help guys???

Following. I’ve had the same here on a windows lappy. My main machine is a mac, so hasn’t bothered me too much. …but obviously I’d like it to work on the PC too. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear of the trouble!

What version of Windows?

Was Engine Prime previously installed before you updated or is this your first time installing the app?

Was Engine Prime working as expected prior to the update?

Have a look here and try the method posted by MCX800 in post #9

That did it! :+1:

…& thanks to @MCX800 for the original post of this solution.

If you go into you computer files and delete the engine library files it should work

hey there,

If your music is on an external storage… make sure your device has the same letter. (windows tends to change the letters from time to time if your plug it in different ports, or use multiple usb/sd devices…)

with the windows storagedisk-manager you can always redefine the device it’s letter.

F.E. if your sdcard/usbthump/hdd that contains your music had the letter F when 1st using EP… then it’s really necessary you 1st check in “my computer” if that sdcard/usbthump/hdd still is listed with the letter F before you open EP again. (VERY CRUCIAL!!)

I had that similar issue and it was fixed this way.

grtz N.