Engine Prime v1.3.2 Now Available!

I think they fixed some issues with high BPM tracks not able to be detected but the underlying algorithm remains unchanged - e.g. if you take any moderate BPM track (In da club, No brainer etc) it is still the same calculated BPM as before unless there is a value in the ID3 tag.

That’ll please a section, or sub-section of DJs then.

Something else has deffo changed and improved in BPM detection though as one of my tracks that was showing as 131 by engine several weeks ago, today shows at 130 by new engine. Small tiny difference of 1 but loops are a lot safer to use on that track now

If anyone is having problems with the application not opening or crashing on launch, please document your experience in the thread below.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-prime-wont-launch/16491/4

We want to address this as quickly as possible so having all of the relevant data in a single place will be very helpful to our development team.

There is also a workaround solution until we address with proper fix.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your help!

Working perfectly on my Win10 1903 laptop!

I just started using 1.3.2 and now it seems that it’s not saving some cue points. I’m trying to see if it a timing issue by allowing it time to save once i move from the track…No luck! This is a major issue at needs to be resolved ASAP. I never had a problem with this before. I’m running on Win 10 with my prime 4

1 Like

I’m having this exact same problem MacOS High Sierra on mid 2012 MacBook Pro I went back to 1.3.1 and no problems

Well… the BPM analysis might be improved, but I’ve experienced some really change behaviour that affects the players. I’ve just put my report in this topic: https://community.enginedj.com/t/unreliable-bpm-beat-grid-analysis-that-affects-the-actual-players/16567

Tl;dr the BPM analysis appears to be very unreliable, and I’ve had a few tracks that would play at the wrong speed, even when the hardware was set to +0% speed, which is a very serious issue.

1 Like

The new Version crashes on my Mac when I try to open my volumes. Can anyone send me the previous version of Engine Prime to see if that works?

Check the archives:

https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#engineprime

2 Likes

Thanks! This version works for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wyley1 & @djandygiles

If you temporarily rename the Engine Library folder, and retry, does the application open?

If possible, could you zip the database files inside the Engine Library folder and UPLOAD HERE.

Trying it now will soon send you zip files

1 Like

Unfortunately the new function: “Added the ability to drag and drop a folder from your files system into the Playlist area to create a new Playlist” applies only to one folder a time. Will the next version allow to drag and drop more than one folder a time?

If you make that request in the actual “request a new feature” section, I’ll certainly vote for that with you

This are the two to vote for:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/import-and-update-existing-file-system-folder-structure-folders-subfolders-as-crates/13978

https://community.enginedj.com/t/multi-dragging-files-out-of-engine-to-pc/15421

1 Like

Hi @JWiLL. The BPM calculation algorithm in ENGINE PRIME continues to give false values. That is a serious problem because when you have a large library of songs it must be totally reliable. On the other hand, the ENGINE 1.5 BPM calculation algorithm works perfectly well, although the software is bad. Please review this.

Got the strangest situation today. I was playing a ~110BPM song (song A) on one deck and loaded another ~110BPM to the other deck (song B). While I was fine-tuning the speed of song B, I noticed the left vertical waveform was saying it was 127BPM, but to my ears it was matched to the playing song A. At the same time, the same song B, on the central library display, was STILL 110BPM… Ok, some minor visual glitch I thought. Let’s move on and continue practicing… Some seconds later, I noticed that the vertical waveform for the playing song A, had ENDED, but the waveform on the top was still showing the waveform analysis and that it looked synchronised to what I was hearing, meaning this same Song A was still being played… Crazy glitch I thought, but continued and mixed into song B. Then the exact opposite thing happened to song B, meaning that the vertical waveform was rolling, while the top waveform had ended (as well as the playing song). Then I thought I could no longer bare with such craziness, ejected the 1.3.2 created USB flash drive I was using, and re-inserted an older 1.3.1 created USB flash drive of the same make and model. Lo and behold, all the afore mentioned problems disappeared. Lesson learned: keep using the 1.3.1 USB flash drive for the time being.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens. Had exactly the same thing. 1.3.1 has no such issues whatsoever.

If I were Denon I would pull the 1.3.2 release until these issues are solved; it’s bad marketing.

1 Like