After a few hours use
Let’s have few suggestions
- Add a “quantize” on/off switch on player A&B to desactivate to be abble to make quickly a cue point between two grid marker. (go into settings/playback is laborious).
- Add an import function to directly import serato/itunes playlist (ex : right click “import to collection”) because “create, name crate, switch itunes/serato applet, cmd + A, drag & drop” is laborious
- Possibility to import a whole collection of itunes folder, sub-folder & playlist Respecting the arborescence & be able to update this for any added mp3, playlist or modification.
- Add link feature to link sc5000 with engine on mac/pc
- Add dynamic analysis for unstables BPM
- Import serato beat grid like hot cues
- import date added from itunes
I think everyone can give his opinion&suggestion here to improve the thing.
Sorry for my english, i’m french
and from serato. the “date added” is a substantial part of my sorting.
also, unless i missed it, add hotkeys for the waveform zoom. i’m using that all the time and having to do it via prefs -> slider is not practical at all.
Be able to resize the waveform displays ( i don’t mean the zoom rate). people on high resolution monitors have a hard time seeing the wave form, even on the max zoom level .The window needs to be fully resizeable.
Be able to empty a layer. the only way to currently do it at the moment is to close the software and reopen.?
My feature request, apologies if this has already been addressed:
- Smart crates. I love smart crates in Serato, creating rules that auto-manage your crates so you don’t need to constantly update them with new tracks etc.
Date added is there, unfortunately it relates to the date the track was added to Engine, and not to iTunes or Serato. Having access to both dates would be handy.
Active Loop Mode
Loop auto-engages once the track has reached user-defined point. Helpful for non-DJ friendly tunes that don’t have a proper outro for mixing purposes.
Waveform Zoom Buttons within GUI
This is a big one. Having to constantly click on the setting icon and adjust the zoom level is one step too many. While most modern tunes are soldiers in the “Loudness Wars” and have mountainous transients, older tunes can be a bit trickier and require a good deal of zooming to ensure initial grid marker is set properly. This can be a simple as implementing a +/- button or a keyboard shortcut…and perhaps even a pinch/pull gesture for us Mac users.
Update: it turns out this is already doable. Mac: CMD and + or - to zoom. PC: CTRL and + or -.
Create Playlist Folders/Subfolders
If you click on the time within the GUI (located under the loop/hot cue buttons), it will actually change from elapsed to remain. I happened to stumble on this accidentally. Also, space bar is a quick shortcut for play/pause.
Forgot to add: Metronome.
I know it’s possible to click on the time to switch elapse / remain, BUT this is LOCKED to Dynamic / Static time. Try change your pitch down to - 50%, the track time is adjusted (dynamic). No way I can see the static (original 0%) remaining time currently.
Ahhhh I see what you mean. My bad, I completely misread what you were after. Great suggestion.
Found that bottom right, marking this line as solved
ON SC5000 please add a column for sorting by date added …
Another request - the ability to sort cue points chronologically, as you can in Serato.
I would like to see a metronome included. I Feel it’s useful if you can set it as the master sync and adjust beat grids that way if you don’t want to use dual layer.
Definitely need a shortcut to search the collection, Right now CMD+F searches whatever crate you’re in, they’re should be a shortcut that jumps you right to collection and ready to search