Engine Prime Courrpt Data Base *Very Fed UP*

That’s why I always have my original plus two mirrored drives with me at each gig - not that I’ve got any gigs at the moment thanks to covid

@Antchi feel your pain brother - well, actually, i don’t as i am a bedroom DJ, but i empathise with you and hope some time in the near future you and all the other pub/club/whatever DJ’s manage to start spinning again and make some well earned cash :+1:

i used the software in this video to backup my archives & databases.

the guy makes a hdd button to auto sync… but you can put files onto a external hdd and each time you connect to your pc it auto back ups the wanted files.

i do this each time i completed a new mapping session in engine prime. i close the engine prime app. connect the hdd & the needed folders will auto sync.

if there is a corruption in the future you just replace the needed folder to your drive again & it’s ok . side note; i only do this with the engine prime database folder here is the video:

Yes! But not with the Prime 4.

The above happened while prepping tracks in my laptop. The file will still play in EP, I don’t have my SC6000s yet, so for now I’m not going to worry too much. :thinking:

To sync my library with my internal mounted hdd… I just take out the internal mounted hdd (i bought myself a sata extension-cable so it isn’t that hard to plug in/out the hdd.)

I connect the hdd directly to the computer with a sata/usb cable and it’s good to go. (more stable imo because it’s a direct connection) i use the sync manager in engine prime and boom it goes half time faster in comparison with when i connect the prime 4 to my computer…

So to me this is the most reliable way to sync for now…

hope this can work for you too this way in the future.

1 Like

Ive had this many times, done something recommended on another page worked again, happened again few days later, repeated the process, loaded all music back onto engine prime , some was still missing, went back on it to transfer last folders again, completed , checked my scan disk, it had wiped my whole disk , now there is not one file on it even outside of engine prime, fuming is an understatement

1 Like

I can only advise you to back up the denon engine library files EACH time you do some rework engine.

if the new one gets corrupted… replace it with the back up files and nothing happend.

also important is that your filepath letter of the storage device is still the same some setups tend to switch letters from time to time … that filepath letter is very important to be the same each time before you open up Engine app.

1 Like

I did exactly that mate , but every time still came up with corrupted database, then the last time my whole sandisk pro has been wiped , even folders not in the engine prime folder , I think what I’m going to do is buy an external hard drive for all my music as the engine prime has been nothing but headache since I updated to 1.6.2, files not loading folders disappearing having to re import the same folder to get missing tracks , been shocked if it actually went straight forward the way I wanted it , lost a lot of music I can’t get back now which is the annoying part as I never expected that with a £280 memory card , I don’t know what happened , thanks for the reply mate And with regards to file path letter being the same as in the usb drive ? , nothing out of the ordinary was changed, shame sc6000s we’re running smooth with 1.6 , seems nothing but issues since the updates , tried another usb today with some old tracks transferred into prime crate I wanted them in 3/4 of the way threw corrupt database,I’m basically starting fresh again now, thanks for the feedback boys , only other issue I’ve had is the player screen has froze once which resolved with a power off , but the main problem has been engine prime and my collections, if your out there Denon guidance would be appreciated,or an update with all the faults fixed , thanks again

It was , still wouldn’t let me without saying the same fault , starting over with all music on an external drive now, take a while to get all the tracka I had back but has to be done only way is up , but can’t trust engine prime It has cost me a fortune in time and money now , And with regards to the carving I tried but it said the stones been corrupted at the base :joy:

We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience and would be happy to offer any advice regarding your situation. Feel free to DM me anytime so I can have a better understanding of what you’re experiencing and we could probably include a technical support agent to offer some advice.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.