Engine Prime 1.6 Crashes Analyzing Mass Files!?

In deed, this is strange… Maybe worth a check in the crash logs then?

iam having the same problem… it read my iTunes play list, but when “importing crates” to “collection”…BOOM!! shut down after like 500 tracks. i tried different folders with play list in them and same thing… i’m on OS - Big Sur too

Read above, try doing it in smaller batches and narrow down the list until you find the file that is causing the problem.

Gonna have to do that

back again. spent all weekend trying to import/analyse my library to install that drive and only 1/3 done due to constant crashes. frustration is an understatement. basically during analysis the application shuts itself – sometimes with 300 to be analysed, sometimes 100, even had it shut down immediately after commencing analysis once. when i reopen EP, sometimes a new crate is even created. anyways…is this the crash log: Users/“useraccount”/Library/Application. Support/AIR Music Technology/EnginePrime/CrashReportDB/crashpadout.log

if so, checked it and theres no real log.

@AIRVince Could You help here? Where can we find a crashlog for EP and try to troubleshoot what is causing constant crashing on this users Macbook?

1 Like

Perhaps more for @KDonaldson ??

2 Likes

Only place I can see for crash logs just at a quick glance is C:\Program Files\Engine Prime\CrashReport - EP doesn’t seem to write to %AppData% or %LocalAppData%

Edit: Found logs folder in %LocalAppData%\AIR Music Technology\EnginePrime

On mac there is a different file path…

1 Like

Ugh tired eyes missed this was on a Mac!!

1 Like

ok… so have an update all.

have a Surface Pro 4 (i5 2.4. 8GB RAM) laying around so figured i’d install EP on it and try analysis there… to my surprise (& joy!) its just imported & analyzed 3000+ files with no issue… so can only deduce the issues are mac specific or my mac specific (even though that mac is my primary machine for SDJ & Rekordbox import/analysis)… in any case, sorted for now and will just analyse on this PC from here on.

thanks for all the input/advice/tips, appreciate it

I use also a mac, and don’t have any issues. Maybe a clean mac would also do You the job correctly.

Yeh cheers @NoiseRiser think it maybe time to wipe it & start again

I don’t have any issues on my Mac with the stable releases either.

1 Like

surface pro has had no issues importing/analyzing and with all the confirmation from you mac users everythings great, it appears my mac was the culprit… :unamused:

Try rebuilding the Engine database on the Mac. You may have a funky old database.

Since you mentioned that other programs work fine on the Mac

just as i was getting excited:

will rebuilding lose my past 5 days analysis?

Yes, you will lose performance data that was created on Engine eg hot cue, loops etc

In order to just check if indeed the database on the Mac was the culprit…you can simply Archive the Engine Folder. Rename it to “Engine folder 2021”, if your music is on Ext drive you have to do the same for the Engine Folder on the root directory.

This way after your testing, you can undo the rename to go back to those database

thanks for reply. not on mac anymore… couldn’t get that to analyze without crashing… moved onto a PC which has been working flawlessly until today where it imported a folder then didn’t analyze. any further attempt to analyze/re-analyze does nothing. even tried moving drive back to mac, that wont force analyze either.

on the PC do i rename the Engine folder in on both the external (housing the music) & the Engine folder in teh C:/Music folder?

thanks!

EDIT: don’t worry @mufasa here’s the issue

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.