Engine Prime 1.6 Crashes Analyzing Mass Files!?

surface pro has had no issues importing/analyzing and with all the confirmation from you mac users everythings great, it appears my mac was the culprit… :unamused:

Try rebuilding the Engine database on the Mac. You may have a funky old database.

Since you mentioned that other programs work fine on the Mac

just as i was getting excited:

will rebuilding lose my past 5 days analysis?

Yes, you will lose performance data that was created on Engine eg hot cue, loops etc

In order to just check if indeed the database on the Mac was the culprit…you can simply Archive the Engine Folder. Rename it to “Engine folder 2021”, if your music is on Ext drive you have to do the same for the Engine Folder on the root directory.

This way after your testing, you can undo the rename to go back to those database

thanks for reply. not on mac anymore… couldn’t get that to analyze without crashing… moved onto a PC which has been working flawlessly until today where it imported a folder then didn’t analyze. any further attempt to analyze/re-analyze does nothing. even tried moving drive back to mac, that wont force analyze either.

on the PC do i rename the Engine folder in on both the external (housing the music) & the Engine folder in teh C:/Music folder?

thanks!

EDIT: don’t worry @mufasa here’s the issue

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.