Engine DJ will not launch when using extended desktop

Engine DJ will freeze or fail to launch if there is more than one display connected to the PC and the displays are used to extend the desktop. This is a major issue for those using multiple displays like I do. I am able to launch the program as an administrator regardless of configuration however. This does come with another drawback. For some reason, in administrator mode, I am unable to drag and drop files in to engine DJ. As such, i need to launch the program normally in order to retain necessary functionality. This was an issue on 3.4 and is still an issue in 4.0.

Edit: Please bear in mind that disconnecting all secondary displays or setting the displays to be duplicated instead of extended will allow engine DJ to launch as expected.

1 Like

Good to know

I think it’s a problem of your system not Engine.

I also have two monitors connected with extended desktop, but I don’t have any problem at all.

Engine uses directx maybe there’s a problem or some configuration issue with this library.

Yes and no. When using Visual Studio as a JIT debugger, the program crashes when trying to load a Direct X library from Nvidia’s drivers. Mind you I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, and every other piece of software on my system functions as expected. Even if the issue is related to an edge case found on my system, the problem still lies within Engine’s code as it crashes attempting to load a DLL. Just because you are not experiencing this issue, does not mean there is no bug causing a crash. This is why I am reporting it, so that edge case can be addressed.

For reference, here is an excerpt from the debugger:

'Engine DJ.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Engine DJ\QtQuick\Controls\qtquickcontrolsplugin.dll'. 
'Engine DJ.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\linkinfo.dll'. 
'Engine DJ.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5714f0dca6485379\nvldumdx.dll'. 
'Engine DJ.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5714f0dca6485379\nvd3dumx.dll'. 
The thread 0x708 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Thread (pooled)' (0x5e58) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Engine DJ.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll'. 
The thread 0xa204 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xa038 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xa034 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x4ab0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
1 Like