šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.3.0 Now Available - Profiles, Streaming Analysis Database, Match, Fader Echo + More!

Scroll till the beginning of the topic, the video is here

Hey @STU-C,

thanks for your explanation. Everything is clear now:

The corner you descriebed, is not on the screen. I canā€™t reach it, as it disappears before you can hit. Furthermore in P4 it is not shown.

And using the knob causes the issue as described.

I think a case for DENONā€™s staff ā€¦

Thanks again and have a good night BeatMaster

1 Like

Thanks @Guetto_David,

now I have found the video and I will watch very carefully.

Iā€™m eager to learn some news.

Thanks again and enjoy the night BeatMaster

Moin @Guetto_David,

in the meantime I watched Phil Moreseā€™S video:

He is using a Prime 4 +

When trying to handle the FX1 / FX2 via the touchscreen menue, he is encountered with the same issue I detected (e.g. more than one attempt to catch Ping Pong. The overview disappeared within a fraction of a moment and he started the next attempt).

Then he changed to the TouchFXs: There you can watch totally relaxed the overview for the effects, as they are fixed as long as you want or till you touch one effect.

Iā€™m looking forward reading / hearing what DENON will say to this :innocent:

Thanks again and enjoy the features in v3.3.0

Brgds BeatMaster

I finally succeeded ! You must keep the button moving so that the effects table remains displayed on the screen, then select by remaining pressed on the choosen effect. I had to update twice by usb cable before it works. In fact, after having done some tests, I think that the only use of this function is to better see which effect we are on, instead of leaning over to see the micro led. Tapping the screen to choose an effect is useless. On the other hand, it would have been nice to have and adjust the parameters on the screen.

1 Like

Moin @Guetto_David,

thanks for your info and your endeavours in this matter. Well done.

Furthermore I will approach DENONā€™s staff to request them kindly, if there is an improvement possible within the next update (phps. like ā€œTouch FXā€).

@JWiLL and @AIRVince: DENONā€™s staff is kindly requested to act accordingly or to report on, if it is a finished story for P4 and P4+

(I hope this way will be sufficient and I donā€™t have to draft a feature request :innocent:) Many thanks to all concerned for your endeavours in this matter and enjoy X-mas time

Brgds from HAM BeatMaster

1 Like

By the way yes, when you turn the Effects knob to choose any effect then the screen with the effects appears but it closes very fast as you point to 1 effect. It should stay 2 or 3 secs more but i am 100% percent sure that the programmer did this because you donā€™t have on the rotary knob the option to push it down and to select the effect and then to close the screen, it is just a rotary knob so the developers had no other option instead to close rapidly the screen as you have highlight any effect you want.

1 Like

Ill make you a feature request up.

2 Likes

Moin @Stu-C,

thanks, you are great, sooooooo great.

Enjoy the day BeatMaster

1 Like

Indeed. The phase meter is way better than the bars/blocks. It had its iterations so could be improved.

Back of the net Denon, finally got time to do the new upload, just amazing so far, downloaded within five mins with a quick play with the FX, then went live on Mixcloud. Quick hour set on my 25 sets to Christmas :christmas_tree: I did notice a slight change that the main unit FX buttons flash when you decide to use them, excellent idea to remind you have them on for any forgotten transitions. Looking forward to more play time to see what else this upgrade brings. I bought my controller on the 19th Dec 23, Iā€™ve not been disappointed yet and have this evening convinced another friend and DJ to leave his other competitive DJ controller and join the Denon Crew.

Looks like phase meter is a fake. No actually meter phase - just another skin for beat led. Maybe it possible to recreate a real transient detection like in Serato/Traktor in future releaases.

This update is truly fantastic! In fact, over the past year, we can say that Denon has done a really great job, and we can thank them for it at the end of the year. Itā€™s incredible how many updates there have been. Hereā€™s hoping that 2024 will also be a great vintage!

3 Likes

Does the fader echo exist on sc6000M I canā€™t see it after successfully updating.

No, faders are on the mixer so no fader echo on players

As there isnā€™t a physical fader on the SC5000/SC6000 they added a simulated fader echo out on the players. Itā€™s the ā€˜MUTEā€™ button which does (pretty much) the same thing @Angus_Wurth

4 Likes

Ooooh thats a good spot.

1 Like

I use it on the 5000Ms and noticed a few others on here say ā€œdo you see faders? Etcā€ but finally dragged the manual out to highlight it.

It works a charm!

3 Likes

Id like to request an improvement for the next versionā€¦ currently when you add an Amazon music playlist to a deck and start playing that playlist, it only loads the song that is currently playing and not the next one meaning a silence as the track ends and the new song downloads. Can you fix this so that as soon as the current track starts playing, it automatically downloads the next track in the playlist which will mean a seamless transition?

1 Like