🚀 Engine DJ v3.1.0 Now Available - New Main FX, Touch FX, Smartlists + More!

yes i have seen it now it works well

1 Like

The X18xx mixers have been feeling like an afterthought for a while now… it makes sense though since they’re the only HW without Engine OS.

Ok I couldn’t wait til tonight. :joy:

The FX are SO MUCH BETTER!! I never used them on my Prime 4. Usually stuck to the sweep FX, but this update changes all of that. These are SO GREAT!

Reverb Drop/Rise and Pitch/Scale down! Whew!

Those are standouts but honestly with the touch FX just a stellar update!

3 Likes

Agreed, these are absolutely fantastic effects.

2 Likes

what an absolutely massive day for all of us who have put our faith in the denon team. even when progress has felt a bit slow, it’s been steady, and now our patience has been rewarded. the new effects check every box we could have reasonably asked for and then some.

this is just a massive step forward, and to be real with y’all, it literally obliterates any case for using pioneer gear. i actually feel a bit sorry for the majority of DJs that will STILL be slow to adapt and will be stuck overpaying drastically for substandard gear with outdated UIs because of their close-mindedness.

in any case: thank you so much, denon.

2 Likes

True, but then again most of the X18xx mixer feature requests are much easier to implement than most of the Engine OS feature requests, and therefore ought to be considered low hanging fruit by the devs.

3 Likes

Hi all I’m trying the new Touch FX, is it possible to adjust the FX level?

I just went and looked in the feature requests folder… and most X1800/X1850 have less than 3 votes. The only one that has more is https://community.enginedj.com/t/replaceable-faders-on-club-mixer/44456 which is a hardware request, not a software request. Judging by the amount of votes, I doubt InMusic is even looking at any X1800/X1850 requests.

TBH I’ve been waiting for a “next-gen” mixer from Denon to replace my faulty X1800. Imagine something like the DJM-2000 except with all the Engine DJ goodies.

1 Like

I voted on that one and I don’t, or ever plan to own a Denon mixer:) it was more from a common sense requirement position that led me to vote on it.

Have you noticed a sort of crackle on the Booth output with the Prime 4 as soon as the output volume is exceeded at 10 o’clock ??? As if the highs were damaged and with the Prime Go the problem is not present.

Another thing a person I know made the update on his P4 and each time he loads a song a micro cut is heard and the same when he activates effects.

I attach his message:

Well, on the other hand, it could have been there with 3.1…

I just had 4 sound cuts of 1/4 second on the deck playing at the master when loading music on another deck or when activating an effect :scream:

You mean you’re getting distortion on the Prime 4 booth with that knob only at 1/3 position?

kudos to all the DenonDJ team for this massive update!! :raised_hands: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Also guys, looks like according to @SoundSwitch_Support there are fixes baked in for Engine Lighting issues as well! So another reason to grab the update if somehow there weren’t already enough! : )

1 Like

Yes, deck gains are set to 10:30 / 11:00 max, so it doesn’t exceed 0db. :thinking:

Maybe it’s related to the limiter which is activated :confused: but why a weird sound when in master output the sound is clean :thinking:

I will carry out another test tomorrow and without limiter.

Great job!!!

1 Like

Yeah big fix on the first position cue for moving heads etc not carrying over from soundswitch desktop to engine lighting on the hardware now it’s been fixed great job team

4 Likes

Big thank to Denon DJ teams for such amazing release and related improvements!

Impressive work, that’s so fun to overuse these new FX.

3 Likes

Nicejob! Ever since 2.0 they deliver one killer update after another, what a joy to see.

I would love to learn - in general - what misc features and fixed have been implemented, examples like the SoundSwitch related ones which @Djscottyb just mentioned. The mods usually sum it up as ‘other/various improvements and fixes’ yet I wonder what exactly. Just curious, thanks!

5 Likes

Update works great, love it. Some nice Fx like Echo out With the Sampler routing it’s possible to get a better volume control My wish would be if I could use one of the mic outputs on the prime go for my volumes of the sampler, that would be excellent. But I can live with the routing to one Channel

1 Like

It is better to edit the samples in any recording software, adjusting the volume so that they all sound at the same level and then adjust from the screen to the desired volume