šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.0.0 Now Available - Drop Sampler, Engine Remote Library, Pad Display + More!

Samples working good :+1:t6: . If anything just feel relieved they are now available. Gonna turn off system, pick up my car from the garage, come back and (hopefully) pick things back up again.

What about:

• Added the ability to maintain FX beat and parameter values (per effect) across power cycles*
  • Added the ability to reset FX beat and parameters to the factory default when changing effects*

*The current PRIME 4 system architecture employs a dedicated firmware-based FX engine and mixer. Effect improvements are planned to be added to the PRIME 4 in a future release.

Please explain the issue !

Preversion was 2.4 on mac and prime4

And now, look at this.

1 Like

ā€œAttentionā€ā€¦ ā€œDenon Delivers Heavyā€!!! :grinning::clap::clap:

In a nutshell, it means that for Prime 4 nothing has changed compared to version 2.4.xx as far as the FX part is concerned.

Here : Denon Engine DJ ver 3.0 - #19 by Myalteredsoul

Briliiant! Great features added!

I was hoping for Mixstream version to have a flashing button on active effect at some point! In really dark places one often forgets the switch on. :crazy_face:

Never rest Engine team!! Superb update!

2.4 library works flawlessly in v3 (Mac) for me :love_you_gesture:t3: (Did backup the library before upgrading though, just in case :blush:)

2 Likes

Great new features! Sampler works flawlessly, really well implemented. Remote library is a great addition too, my minds already thinking up ways to have my library running on my NAS now :o)

One thing I have noticed which I didnā€™t see mentioned in the release notes is that the recording function is disabled when using remote library the same way it is when streaming from Beatport/Amazon etc. Seems strange as the music is obviously mine and no different than the music on my SD card.

1 Like

My guess would be itā€™s down to the stability of the connection and the fact it could cut out/glitch.

1 Like

Same here on sc6000M

A definitive step in the right direction. But why do you need to use a channel on the prime 4 to get samples to play. You have a volume control in the control panel and a channel is not needed for this make it so that once samples are loaded once triggered it will play with out a volume control needing to be up to accomplish this. It would also be good to have ways to adjust the sample like Serato DJ pro does that have individual volume controls for each sample pad once loaded and you can start or stop the sample depending on how you have it set there is none of this here my hopes are that you will get this tightened up and have these types of options soon no way should we need to sacrifice a channel to play samples ever. Disappointed in this feature at the moment of release but glad to see you made an attempt to add it into the P4. So many questions???

1 Like

Hope you will be playing some of those old school funk & soul tunes :+1:

1 Like

So I have a gig next Saturday. But the performance pad preview is kind of essential. For me at leas.

Think itā€™s safe to update?

I was actually the one who suggested the touch pad preview a month ago. And to put it frankly, Denon has blown me away whether it be by coincidence of them implementing this so fast, or them actually listening to us!!

Thanks Denon!&

Does anyone know if the remote library thing works in the opposite direction?

Iā€™d love to get able to add tunes to the internal drive from my laptop wirelessly, and create playlists too and then just send it all over to the internal drive.

1 Like

nope. does not work like soā€¦yet

1 Like

Rats. Ok. Thanks for letting me know though

Found this beauty this week Jay, on Clarksonā€™s farm of all places. Will be getting an outing:)_

4 Likes

The eternally ā€˜disappointedā€™ crew are in.

3 Likes

The new Sampler feature is great and being able to see what cue/loop is what now!

Would love to have the option to have the sample ā€˜deckā€™ routed to channel 4 like the prime, or whatever channel Iā€™ve SHIFT+ROLLā€™d it onto though, so I can independently add effects and fade the volumes of the sample player

(unless Iā€™m doing something wrong the SC Live 4 effects unit seems to have no effect on the sampler currently?)

The WiFi link to the library sounds useful too, will check it out tomorrow