Engine DJ v2.4.0 Now Available - Ventura Support, Beat Grid Editor, Relocate Missing Files + More

So the circle closes, from today it is enough to download the music in the USB/SD support (or perhaps with a stable connection only use TIDAL) and organize everything on the Hardware. I haven’t tried it yet but from a quick look the new features combined with the jog will take the management of flexible grids to another level.

I would personally advise you still download music to a stable computer and analyse it in the software before export, that way you have the music backed up and not just sitting on external drives that can be lost/stolen etc.

Plus the desktop software is still the best place to accurately analyse music.

2 Likes

I agree, but I just wanted to highlight that from today the system is consistent, theoretically you are not dependent on the computer, of course you can safely continue to use it the old way, but sometimes situations arise where you can’t, just think you want to satisfy a request and play it from TIDAL, until yesterday you had to trust the analysis performed by the OS, now you have total control.

3 Likes

Oh im 100% behind that, and you are quite correct.

1 Like

Lack of Mojave support ■■■■■ big time. It’s the last os x that actually runs well on my mac.

Please don’t drop Catalina, or it’ll make my mac useless. Part of the reason I bought standalone was to avoid having to update my mac.

You can still update the players, just leave the software on the older version.

1 Like

A desktop computer does give you more flexibility in managing your library, however it’s worth pointing out that both desktop and Engine OS have the same analysis engine and will both be just as accurate as the other.

3 Likes

Congrats on the latest release devs.

You guys are knocking it out of the park with these updates. Nice!

2.4 will be a great release.

9 Likes

Congrats for the hard work.

A lot of users will be happy!!!

2 Likes

Ah that’s good to know, that is really useful.

Apple officially stopped supporting Mojave October of last year. Catalina support ended last month too. We always support the last 3 OSX releases, but sometimes there’s a technical reason why we need to obsolesce an older version.

Why can’t I install Engine DJ 2.4.0 on macOS 10.14 Mojave?

The Engine development team wants to ensure Engine DJ is using the latest available tools to build the application. This has an unfortunate side effect in that Engine DJ 2.4.0 cannot support newer functionality on older operating system versions. Engine DJ 2.2.2 is the last officially supported version that can be used on macOS 10.14 (Mojave).

The bottom line though is it becomes more difficult to support an OS when Apple themselves discontinue support.

5 Likes

The world of DJ software is in a bit of a mess right now. Mainly caused by Rane and Serato deciding to end support for their older hardware, coupled with nobody offering a modern sound card for people who want to use their own choice of mixer.

I’m now personally stuck on Catalina with a Rane SL3 so I can use DVS on my home setup, whilst also now not able to benefit from this latest version of Engine desktop.

If you guys ever feel like creating a new Serato sound card with more than 2 channels, it would be greatly appreciated :wink:

1 Like

YES!!! So happy for this update! Beat Jump unlinked. Thank you! I can finally update!

3 Likes

Thank you guys, appreciate it. I can’t wait to download it and start enjoyin’ it… tomorrow…

2 Likes

Great job, good mixture of improvements, fixes and user requests.

What a coincidence, I was pondering about v2.4 this afternoon “will Denon release it before Christmas?” and tadaaa, you did it. Awesome.

Looking back at 2017 with the SC5000 where everything began, I can acknowledge that EngineOS has matured a lot. What was once regarded as weak point of the whole ecosystems is now clearly its strength. Uniformity, modularity, flexibility.

Now I look forward to seeing some improvements on the SoundSwitch front, too!

7 Likes

Any chance we’ll see a video from Denon covering these updates? I honestly feel like 2.4 deserves one! Thanks!

1 Like

Another great move forward. Will be loading the update next month.

Sounds great! Finally We can see the relocate options… but only see… _:frowning:

The automatic relocate it’s not able to relocate any file… it’s a dumb action… even the easy ones… same folders, same drives, etc… No success in any automatic track relocation.

Only possible to re-link when you locate it manually… and even like this always you get an alert saying that timeas are different… Anyway, if you say yes… The file keeps missing! Doesn’t relink-relocate!!

Wow! Looks good… but doesn’t work.

I’m using Windows and Engine 2.4 for a PRIME 4

1 Like

Hi.

I would like to remember this requested features:

1. The ability to view track details from the playing screen. I.e. When I am viewing a crate / playlist on the screen on my Prime SC6000M decks, I can long press on a track to have the track details appear. I’d like to be able to do something similar with a track that’s currently playing. E.g. when a track is playing it’s title appears at the top of the screen. Perhaps a long press on there to view the track details.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/track-details-from-playing-screen/28137

1. A number of hotcues not limited to 8.

2. Implementing in the preview of the complete waveform some kind of visual reference to mark measures, for example, of 32 beats, as represented by Traktor. This would be of tremendous help for DJs and their mixes, in order to measure the bars of 32 beats that remain until an acapella zone, the zones of descent or rise.

Thanks.

Hey @Jatoro,

It looks like the link you added is in the legacy area, which is used to archive the older requests before we implemented our new voting system.

It looks like #1 and 2 are currently in the open request area. I would encourage you to vote for them:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/view-track-information-from-playing-view/37085 https://community.enginedj.com/t/expanded-cue-loop-functionality-more-than-8-cues-or-loops/37084

I was unable to find request #3. I would suggest that you champion this idea by writing it up in the feature request area and voting for it.

Cheers,

Vince