Engine DJ popup issue with 3.1

Hi all, im getting an issue with the latest version of the desktop software. Im using an M1 MacBook Pro on Ventura 13.4 and when Engine DJ is open it keeps popping up above other apps despite me minimising it. For example im watching a Youtube video in Safari and the Engine app will appear, and keep appearing after a few seconds from minimising.

The solution is to close it down altogether but this isn’t behaviour I ever noticed on previous versions.

Yea had the same lately a few times with the new Update, had Lexicon open and Engine DJ popped up a few times for no reason. Closed Lexicon as I thought it might have something to do with it but still happening when Engine DJ is minimised. Its very random. Also using Mac Ventura 13.4

1 Like

Hi @STU-C and @Chris_S , Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. A few questions to help us dig deeper into this:

• When you observed this, was Engine DJ running any jobs or actions (importing, analyzing, packing, etc)? If so, does it happen when no jobs are running?
  • Does it happen every time Engine DJ is open or closing and re-opening causes it to happen again?
  • @Chris_S is your system also an M1 running Ventura?

Thank you! Adrian

Hi Adrian

It happens both with jobs running and when it’s dormant. I initially thought it was just the former but I had it open most of the day yesterday (trying to export my collection to a slow drive) and noticed that even if I cancelled the job and rebooted it would pop up over any other app I was using.

1 Like

@Adrian Running 2018 Mac Mini 3GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 (Ventura 13.4.1)

1 Like

Thanks @Chris_S and @STU-C for the additional information. I have not encountered this issue yet. Would you be able to provide logs of a session where the issue has happened? (you can find this from User/Username/Library/Application Support/EnginePrime/Logs) as that might help shed some light.

Also, are you using the internal audio output/speakers/headphones or a third party interface that might be shared with another app?

Thanks! Adrian

It happens to me with both AirPods and internal speakers.

I’m going to say I think it happens more when 2 finger scrolling on the trackpad, although it can happen when I’m say just watching a YouTube video in Safari.

1 Like

Happens to me whether or not I have my desktop Logitech speakers on or with my Bluetooth headphones and also happens when I don’t have any music playing, just pops up from the dock for no reason.

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps, but I am not getting this issue on OS Venture 13.2.1. Happy to update to 13.4 to see if I can recreate.

3 Likes

I’ve updated to 13.4.1 on an M1 MacBook air a couple of days ago. Have not yet had any popup issues, and have been doing quite a bit of work on my music library in the last few days.

1 Like