Engine DJ Lighting setup

Hello Forum friends. I just bought a new mirror ball setup as I have been getting requests for it lately. LOL, I sold three mirror ball setups back in the late 90s, now it appears they’re making a comeback.
Anyway, I have a Denon Prime 4… I have not started using engine DJ lighting with it and sound switch and all that jazz. Can anyone tell me how to get up and running quickly with engine DJ lighting …like what cords do I need, what else will I need to connect to my new adj saber pin spot? Thanks!

SoundSwitch can be a complicated beast and takes a little learning curve to get it how you want it. There’s some great resource videos on their YouTube channel which I’ll recommend looking at.

The software is subscription based (a perpetual licence is also available) and with this, you get access to scripting a light show for all your DMX lights. You can get a free trial to test it all out.

As someone new, you’ll need a SoundSwitch Micro dongle that retails for around £30 and some DMX cables to any DMX lights you’ll be using.

I’d suggest watching the Prime 4 engine lighting and SoundSwitch basics videos online. It describes it from the start and is a great way to have it open and follow what they are doing.

Pop over to www.soundswitch.com to watch their setup videos and let us know how you get on.

All the information and videos that you need to get started are here: SoundSwitch - The Best Way to Light your Event

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your insights.

1 Like