Engine as rekordbox

Shift + < > perhaps? Probably can even call ‘‘em up on the touchscreen.

@Krzysztof_Dawid

As a Pioneer user (5 years with the Rx2) I can explain my experience to you, perhaps it is that the concept of brands is different and although they are very similar, there are things that are not, and that is why Pioneer users find it a bit difficult. understand it, but believe me, it’s worth the change, you just have to get used to something new… I’ll explain:.

In Pioneer you have the hot cues and the memory Cues, which are used to make visible marks in the wave of different initial Cues… well, in Denon you have 8 hotcues that work the same and the Memory loops have a similar effect to the memory cues, For example, if you want to mark a memory Cue in the middle of the track, make a 16-beat loop and save it, from the pads you can trigger it and in the options you can configure how you want it to trigger it, you just have to exit the loop and that’s it You have it solved, you have 8 memory loops that you can use as memory cues, which is what some colleagues have explained to you, try it, you will see that although it is something different from what you are used to, the result is similar and you will be able to see your loop marks and shoot them from those points, in configuration you have an option to change the behavior of the shot, investigate and try, you will see that in the end it is not so much of a problem, regards

Thank you for your suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

Today I came up with something different and for me it’s the perfect solution👌

Normally I use two colors for Hot Cues, but now I’ve added red as the last Hot Cue and that makes it a Memory Point.

I prefer to prepare music in Rekordbox anyway, so despite the Hot Cues, I also mark the memory Point in case I return to Pioneer if there is one :wink:

Regards

1 Like

I use all the colors, but you can assign a different color to the loop memories and visually you will see them on the screen better than the little red mark in rekordbox, so when you get to that point you can start your mix, (if the loop is not active, the song will pass without noticing anything) and you will see how you get used to it, for example, use the purple color for the 16beats memory before the cut) and also tell you which engine has better audio quality, do a test, with the same song in rekordbox and in engine, you will see that in engine it sounds much better in quality, that’s why I stopped using rekordbox, because I’m clear that doing double work just in case it won’t help me, and believe me when Denon is around version 6 or higher it will be a lot better, but you still have to wait and be patient,

do you remember how rekordbox was in version 3.0? It was terrible, anyway… it’s my experience

1 Like

Out of curiosity: what do you miss from the memory cues, that hot-cues doesn’t offer?

Memory cue seems a bit like a “legacy” thing from Pioneer, from before hot-cues was introduced.

1 Like

I could tell you that I miss the little red mark on the memory, but in the end you realize that it is the same or even better on Denon. Depending on the circumstances and on the Rx2 with a 7" screen it looked regular. Think about it, the memory cues are used to establish an initial Cue point, which in most cases coincides with the hot Cue, for example the break down, the drop, etc, and you already have that in the hotcue, so the memory Cue They would only serve us to mark a point before these to make the mix faster, without having to search, for example 16 beats before so that the phrases coincide, and that is usually only one reference point to enter and another to leave two in total, and for that you can use the memory loop (normally I use the final two hotcues, to know what those points always are, 7 and 8 of the memory loop) and I leave the other 6, in case I want to save a loop, like this that I do not miss anything, on the contrary, once you get used to using it and prepare your tracks as it is more comfortable for you, you learn that the result is the same or even better in my case, since the marks of the loop are more visible than the small red mark of rekordbox, for those of us who have an age, large marks and visible are appreciated hahaha, also to get to 5 memory Cue you had to press until you get there, with memory loops, you save that step, to say something, I would say the M button, but you can always press the Shift combination in the air +Cue and when the song is finished save it in a memory loop, which has the effect like when you press the in key on Pioneer

I see everyone doing it in their own way

In general, it may be a matter of habit, but I like Memory Point very much. Most of my music is divided in such a way that apart from the Hot Cues that are set on the change in the song, I have a few Memory Points that tell me where a new phrase of the song ends/begins. It’s probably like you write that it was a helpful tool in CDJ, but even now it’s helpful (for some of course :wink:). I can’t imagine knowing every track by heart, I just have a lot of music and these red points help me find myself in it all :slightly_smiling_face:

Another thing is hardware… I do not hide that I like Pioneer very much, I have a sentiment for this company, I have never been disappointed with the equipment and I already had Rx, Rx2, DDJ1000, XDJ XZ. There was also a bit of it :slightly_smiling_face: I sold the last XZ because I had a child and there was little time to play … now the young one is two years old and wants to play something himself so when Denon appeared with speakers, why not use it :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, I don’t play professionally, although I love music, I play for myself and it makes me happy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is great. I totally support that kind of honesty.

2 Likes

And that’s the number one thing :+1:t3:

Although I could do what is considered as ‘playing professionally’ …. Home sets are still my absolute number one preference, you can go on your own journey with zero questions.

2 Likes

I mark phrases etc as well, but just do it with hot cues - which is also much more visible compared to memory cues (gives the option to have different colors as well as naming the sections, rather than just a small red dot on top) :blush:

1 Like

I’m so disorganised you can tell at gigs when I’m mixing a track I’ve never mixed before cos I’m usually setting up the first cue point after I’ve loaded it :rofl:…. This also likely means I’ve never listened to it properly before, so the headphones for 3 minutes tends to be the ‘learn your tracks period’

It is clear that everyone has their preferences and way of organizing and mixing their tracks, but I seem to remember that when importing the collection for the first time in Denon, it asks you if you want to import the hot cues or the memory cues, it’s just a matter of assessing what was most important to you in your old library, or adapt the way you did it