Engine 2.3.2 is out……

Never happy to hear these things but all signs point to another update fairly soon, so just downgrade (which is luckily easy to do) and let’s all cross fingers there are a healthy amount of fixes coming. And mine are doubly crossed for a legacy beat jump option. : )

When you saying “crashing”, what exactly is happening? What kind of media are you using?

device freezes, sound stops, and it restarts. has happened both times in the middle of transitioning 2 tracks.

playing 320 mp3’s off of the same SD card i have been using since I got it in january. tracks were imported to engine software via rekordbox xml

I would 100% try another SD card or USB. These cards can definitely go bad. Good luck!

I have the sc5000 and 2.3.2 has an issue with wifi. After reading other posts in this thread i’ll have to down grade to 1.6.2 … i had this issue with 2.1….

i wish they put options on the unit to downgrade to last firmware used .

If You go from 2.3.2 to 1.6, You will get issues with the data base. There was a big change in library structure between 1.6 and 2.0. They are not cross compatible.

2 Likes

This isn’t quite right. There is a folder Database2 in the Engine Library which contains the new database (with all it’s info and structure) as used from version 2.0. The original database as it was used up to and including 1.6x has just been left intact and usable in the root folder of Engine Library. The old database will always be usable on devices running OS 1.6 and earlier and for Engine Prime (now Engine DJ) 1.6 and earlier. Desktop changes to this database will also have to be made on Engine Prime (now Engine DJ) 1.6 or earlier.

When you use OS or Engine DJ 2.0 or higher, the new current database structure is used. Changes in a database 2.0 or higher are only visible and usable in versions 2.0 and higher and not in 1.6.

So both versions can co-exist in Engine Library, but they don’t sync changes with each other.

So going back to 1.6 isn’t necessarily a problem, but you should be aware of going back to 1.6 with the Desktop software too. It should also be noted that the system has now changed so much that going back to 1.6 is not advisable. For example, it could be that certain streaming services no longer work due to outdated API. And in addition, you will of course miss all the added functionality.

That is true, and I was talking about this. Also take in account, that when You try to force engine 1.6 to read 2.0 data base it will not go as planned.