Effect donts work good

Hello. Is it possible to tweak the FX section in Engine SC Live 4? The current effects are more of a joke option than something you can use in your mixes.

I’ve had several Pioneer products in my life, including XDJ RX XDJ RX 2 DDJ 1000 XDJ XZ and the effects sounded just right. As you already model yourself on the competition, please improve the effects function.

Greetings from Poland.

Christopher:)

Recently we had a big FX survey, so I guess, they are working on it. But as a SC Live 4 user (and also Pioneer flagship setup) I don’t see any issues with effects on Live 4. So far they sound good and definitely usable in the mix.

What specifically is the issue for you? As a Denon, Mastersounds, Serato and Pioneer owner of various units over the years, i dont hear a massive difference between the brands, all pretty much do similar.

The Prime unit i own has more scope for tweaking the effect over what ive had with Pioneer previously, as in it has both a parameter and wet/dry knob to adjust.

After your answers, I’m confused… :person_shrugging:t3: :male_sign:

The point is that, for example, Flanger and Phazer sound bad in my opinion, certainly different than in the competition models I mentioned.

Can I change somehow the effect settings?

1 Like

The strange thing is that when I turn on the effect, e.g. Flanger, the music goes quieter, or you can hardly hear it :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It says in the manual to press the time/parameter knob to switch between time control and parameter control. Try increasing the parameter level to make the effect stronger. I dont personally own an SC Live 4 so cant test myself.

If phaser sounds bad, perhaps its your beat grids that need adjusting, if im correct, phaser is the effect that cuts the track in and out in line with the beat? or it does something in line with the beat at least.

I’ll try it later at home and let you know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Phaser is a phase shift effect. You are talking about Trans/Gate - cutting off sound on beat.

1 Like

Ahhh ok, not something i use personally, thanks for clearing up.

1 Like

I also find that the Pioneer effects sound “different”. They are generally designed to be a bit more aggressive. Is really a matter of taste.

I personally like it better too.

In particular, I don’t find Denon’s Autogate particularly accurate - even with correct beat grids.

1 Like

Although I still don’t know if something has been improved in version 2.4, the main flaw is that the effects are not quantized, that is, the echo or roll, for example, work well, but others, like autogate, do not have the effect in place correct, try to do an autogate effect in 1 beat, 1/2 and 1/4 and then go back to 1 beat, you will see how the synchronization is lost, you have to be very, very skillful to get it, and on other equipment (Pioneer will calls Trans) work correctly in time, could @denon improve this problem and make the effect applied for example 1 beat work with the grid? and not with the moment of pressing 1 beat, 1/2, 1/4… etc… I don’t know if I explained it correctly, I could make a video to clarify it better… regards

1 Like

I played with the effects for a while and, to my ears, it’s not quite what the competing brand got me used to. It’s a pity, but I hope it will only get better with each new update :ok_hand:

Greetings from Poland :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just experienced that the Noise effect doesn’t work for me. In general, I use it very rarely, but a strange situation :person_shrugging:t3: