ECHO Effect Beats Time Configurable

Hi Users, i would like to share my idea and suggestion regarding the usage of the Echo effect. I personally think that the parameter of echo beat 1/3 sounds very bad when you are mixing using the echo effect with time transaction (changing from 1/8 to 1/4 to 1/2 sounds perfect) Should be very nice to have the possibility to select or unselect the beats that you would like to have in the knob (ScLive2&4) or in the push button (Prime 2&4). Even because in the SC Live 2&4 the variation on beat time via knob it’s more difficult compare to the push buttons. effects Standalone Controllers Engine DJ (Mac & PC) Feature Requests fx Implemented Requests

1 Like

You probably need to raise it as a feature request.

But from my point of view, if you are wanting to half the time signature each time, would you not be better off using the roll function to create loops that do the same thing?

I’ve never officially raised this as a feature request but I’ve also wanted the same. Definitely open a request if you feel it would be beneficial. It probably won’t get many votes but it’s at least logged. Don’t forget to vote on it yourself!

The triplets removed to either a shift or menu option would give me a smoother transition down the FX when cutting down the time on the beat.

I liked to use a gate and half that effect rhythmically on the start of a bar, bringing it down and applying a high-pass filter as I do it.

1 Like

Does filter gate on the Touch FX serve that purpose? not something i ever use personally so unsure.

It does. Now a lot of these new FX have been added it’s made things easier.

There’s the L/R pan too which is good to chop down.

1 Like

what do you mean? can you please be more clear :wink:

So you want to use say ‘echo’ to go from 1 beat, 1/2 beat. 1/4 beat, 1/8 beat.

Could you not put a mild 1 beat echo on then do a 1 beat roll, 1/2 beat roll, 1/4 beat roll, 1/8 beat roll then turn it off when you want to drop the track again?

As the main track will be playing in the background if you time it right it will give the same effect as working through the echo range.

Also as i said above to MrWilks, there are all the new touch screen FX to play with, one of those could allow you to do this halving of values on screen rather than using the normal FX knob.

2 Likes

Almost clear, i will try to figure out you suggestion and i will let know if this work or not.

Regarding the touch fx, you are right the cascade of beat timing is the one that i would like to have, but the echo fx sounds different compare to the one in the main fx from the mixer knob.

Approved here:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/echo-effect-beats-timing-configurable/54597

1 Like

I used to use the ‘trancifier’ easter egg in Scratch Live back in the day. It was a nice occasional link between two tracks. I eventually transitioned to halving effects the same way but the 3/4 time signatories mess with that.

Here is a demo of it: https://wearecrossfader.co.uk/blog/serato-trancifier-how-its-done/

I’ll monitor this to see how this request goes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.