Does the x1850 detect tempo through USB input? It use to do it for me

I could have sworn that the x1850 detected the tempo of a song through USB input from my Macbook Pro. I was able to test out new songs with the FX and the mixer would normally find the BPM. Has anything changed, or am I remembering something wrong?

It does not auto-detect the BPM the same way as it does for audio coming through RCA inputs - it receives BPM value coming from your DJ software via midi/HID.

If it doesn’t do it for you now you messed up some settings somewhere. But, I wouldn’t be surprised that inMusic made a bug in the last firmware that wasn’t noticed until now.

What’s crazy is that I restarted the mixer, and it worked as it did before, auto-detecting the BPM via USB. I am playing the music through a tag editor. Not sure if it’s a bug, but sometimes I like to play with FX and filters on songs I have not loaded onto my drive yet. I always thought that was a feature.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you, I though you have an issue with BPM defaulting to 120 when playing tracks through DJ software.

No problem! Maybe you can help me with this. I use Serato for track management. How do I bring my updated playlist in Serato (from in Engine) to Engine’s playlist so I can I sync the new songs to my drive?

Sorry, I’m not a serato user but I’m sure someone who has to sync between both softwares will assist you.

Hi :blush:

I have the x1850 connected over USB to my laptop and the mixer detects the BPM of whatever is playing. It is not always the same BPM that I get in Engine DJ with analysed tracks, but usually a good approximation and often sufficiently exact to play around with the effects. :blush:

As far as I know, nothing has changed. The BPM value is used by the mixer for synchronisation with the FX module, there is a connection to the FX CHANNEL ASSIGN knob, maybe you had this at a different position, on a different channel? Check the manual on this as well, it is mentioned in the section about the FX module.

Have a nice time! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hello! Thank you, I knew I was not crazy. I just had to reset the mixer. I did have it on in a while. Take care!

1 Like