Does The Denon Mixer FX Have The Equivalent of a 3/16 Rate Delay Like Traktor?

One of the main FXs I use in Traktor is the 3/16 Delay. I bought the Denon X1850 mixer, expecting the same and/or more. Sadly, I was wrong. So I rarely use the mixer now.

Now I’m excited by the SC Live 4, but I still don’t see this type of FX in the new line up. Is it unrealistic to expect something like this from the Denon Engine SW? It seems like it could be one extra option the FX offers, which could be resolved by a SW update.

I really want to move my mixing to the Denon standalone platform. It’s just this one qualm I have with their limited FX that’s preventing me from doing so. So now I find myself waiting for the new Traktor standalone release, purely because of the better FX.

If I’m missing something and DenonDJ Engine can handle this, please let me know. I’d love dust off my X1850 and use it again.

Hi @CheekyPaolo and welcome,

It might be possible over a firmware update. I’d suggest making a Feature request in you want this to be considered and changed over a firmware update.

3/4 delay is no good for you?

Isn’t 3/16 essentially 1/4?

4/16 would be 1/4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use your x1850 instantly (almost)

The controls for the fx section allow manual dial ins of effect length in milliseconds.

Save a list in your smartphone if what the ms count is for each BPM in your typical playback range eg 3/16ths of a beat at 128bpm = xxx ms

3 Likes

Very true, but what exactly is not having 1/16th of a fraction giving you that A: makes this effect so special, and B: makes an expensive DJ mixer ‘unusable’ by not having it?

Especially given the fact that 99.9% of DJ gear out in the wild doesn’t have it.

Not defending it, just doing the maths :slight_smile:

The 3/4 echo sounds close enough to Traktor’s 3/16.

2 Likes