DJay support for LC6000 is far behind my expectations

Is it only me but in my opinion DJay integration for LC6000 is unsatisfying.

I was never a fan of DJay but since there is no support for my prefered DJ software I am using at this time I consider a subscription and tried it out. Unfortunately it is far away from my expectations.

Is this only my opinion and it needs more time to get used with it or are you experiencing the same.

What’s wrong with it?

1 Like

Don’t know. It’s my current impression. Mainly I was using Traktor Pro with S4 MK3. I tried djay one year ago with a S3 and I got the same feelings. Thought it was because of the tight integration from S3 with Traktor so I decided to go with Traktor Pro and upgrade soon to S4 MK3. Now with the LC6000 I thought this will change but djay still feels somehow unsatisfying. But its not related to the LC6000. LC6000 is top.

I’m talking about djay. What more were you expecting from djay?

What mapping are you using for Traktor?

1 Like

Guess you will have better luck in the Djay forum with this :slightly_smiling_face:

If you can describe what is frustrating to you about using the device with DJay, you may find some help or relief here. If not, there’s not much for anybody to respond to here.

It’s not the device. It mostly how Djay works with it.

Seems like serato and vdj probably has the best support for the lc6000 right now.

A lot of people are waiting for Traktor support.

Of course its Djay but since there is native support for LC6000 I was expecting a lot. Already stopped using it once again after only some hours trying it out. I am relay curious to know if Serato or VDJ support is doing better. Do we know if native Traktor support is coming soon ?

With S4 MK3 and Traktor Pro I am using the default mapping.

I don’t need any support on this. It’s only my opinions. Don’t want to start using DJay.

Already stopped using DJay. It’s like with cars. You try it and you know if you like it or not, but if you have to describe why it’s difficult. My only intention why I opened this thread is to know if it’s only me or other feel the same.

Traktor released a new update but no lc6000 yet but cdj3000, xdjmk2 and beatport/source link.

How hard is it actually for a software company to map the controller, drop in png files and a little bit of text like loop length?

Maybe the next update or the update after or the update after the update?

You never know with NI. They have a new HW coming soon and new SW. Goodness knows what that will be like, or who they will partner with.

I already made a good mapping for it with pitch play and is pretty responsive with led feedback and with moving and flashing lights. Something NI could of did in 1/4 of a day and probably another day for the little screen in the middle.

I’m thinking they just don’t want to do it. They had an opportunity to work with denon and the Traktor logo could have been printed on the box and product.

I got already got my impression from Native Instruments support and product management so I am not wondering why it’s so hard for them. First they would have to understand there own product what is not the case. Sadly.

New NI hardware and software coming soon ? They just released the 25TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION which means they can sleep again for one or two years. If there would be new Traktor software soon they would not mind to add Beatport and Beatsource support to the “legacy” version.

You say it. IN is not motivated to support LC6000. On the other side if I look on the software updates provided and how long it take them, there could be other reasons as well.