[Discussion] Outdoor Use on different weather conditions

I wonder how others think about using their standalone gear in different environments, and I hope this is a proper question to discuss here.

I have a brand new prime 4 + and I am thinking of where I can set it up and throw a party.
Indoors should be no problem in most situations, as long as it’s not a freezer I guess.
But how do you think about outdoors? In summer the only bad thing could be dust or to much heat, but what about mild winters or rainy days?
I would keep it under a roof so it stays dry of course, but do you think temperature and air moisture is a big concern when handling it outside?
I’m talking of northern European weather conditions of course, when the weather would be to bad for people to be outside I wouldn’t think of using it there.

I couldn’t find anything regarding this topic, so I wanted to ask what others think of it.

This is from February this year. Cold but dry. The only problem is that the fingers become dry in the cold and sometimes it becomes difficult to use the touch screen. No other problems with the Prime 4.

3 Likes

Thanks, this is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Good you have the navigation wheel, it’s good to use it without using the screen.

How long were you playing it there? was it always on and working or did it also rest there for a while?

It was rigged some time after 11 and if I remember correctly it ended at 18 or 19.

3 Likes

Cool, thank you, I definitely feel more confident to use is anywhere.

My advice would be to keep it dry at all times (captain obvious) and then mainly keep it out of direct sunlight if you can for heat reasons, a small parasol or similar would do the trick there.

As far as cold goes, id use mine in the cold no problem, but id try and keep it warm with a small heater near where its setup if I was able to.

2 Likes

Isn’t there an issue with condensation when the metal is cold and having a heat source next in front of it?

I was thinking more of trying to warm the general environment around the unit Frank. Was assuming it would be set up under some kind of cover like a marquee or small tent.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.