Disable microphone option on record channel

Despite the manual stating that when you disable the microphone to booth output it also disable microphone send to record output, this is confirmed by Denon as incorrect.

Currently if you are live streaming using a microphone as part of your music show as I and many other online DJs do, then you will have the microphone enabled for the master output which is sent to OBS or other streaming software. You will have the microphone disabled for the booth so you don’t get feedback on your microphone from your monitor speakers, however there is no way to disable the microphone on the record outputs.

Many of us want to record our shows without the microphone as the chat does not make sense to listeners listening to the recording at a later date without the live chat board of say Mixcloud alongside. Some just hate the sound of their own voice over the top of their fantastic DJ set too like me! :grinning:

Currently I have to record on the booth channel but that means I cannot make adjustments to my booth volumes during my sets which often as I get more into them I like to crank my own listening levels!

Please Denon release the ability to disable microphone recording on the record output of the X1850, just as it was initially described in the manual. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

This might gets supporting votes from other forum members, but an ordinary post can’t be voted for. Your idea needs to go on the preset form for firmware requests, so then people can vote for it, if they like the idea.

One question though, do you dip the music levels when you use the mic? Or use auto-ducking to do it for you? Either way, if the mic signal was removed from the record out mix, the music levels would still be dipping on the recording at the moments where the talking occurred.

Thank you so much for your kind advice @Pasha , I will loko into how to upload as a feature request specifically.

In answer to your question I use the talk over button on the top of the X1850 which yes does lower the volume and you can change the attack of the return and other parameters of the music in the mixer settings.

The good part is that it doesn’t drop the volume on the recordings I make on the booth at all so I think that effect is only applied to the master out. If Denon could replicate the same on the record out it would be perfect.

You can hear some of my live stream recordings here that were made using the booth out. Mixcloud

Approved here:

Disable microphone option on record channel - Feature Requests / New/Open Requests - Engine DJ Community

Closing this topic accordingly.