Different track sorting per playlist

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to sort tracks by different parameters across multiple playlists. E.g., I’d like to sort tracks in my Hip Hip playlist by track number, but have tracks in my Deep House playlist sorted by key.

When I’ve tried to do this in the Engine Desktop app, it only seems to allow one sort type across all playlists.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here, but I’ve had a look through the Engine manual and couldn’t find any info on track sorting.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Elliott.

1 Like

I think it works like that on the players themselves but you’re right the desktop app sorts globally.

Hi @STU-C , I see - thanks for confirming.

I guess it’s not a big deal - I think I’m right in saying that you can change the sorting on the device, you just have to do it per playlist after switching. It’d just be a nice-to-have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know what I’m useless at remembering specific features and even though I did a 4hr gig last night I still can’t be certain lol.

I know for definite though that my whole collection is sorted by date added and then I have playlists by BPM. I’m fairly certain it’s per playlist though

1 Like