Denon X1850 two USB connections at the same time do not work reliably

I have USB 1 of the mixer connected with my laptop (current model) and play there via SERATO.

USB port 2 of the mixer is connected to my streaming PC (a high-performance special audio PC!) with OBS.

The mixer is unable to send a constant signal to the PC via USB port 2 - regardless of the buffer size. There are always dropouts.

The X1850 has the latest firmware. The streaming PC has the latest driver for the DENON X1850 installed.

CPU utilization on the streaming PC is NEVER above approx. 25%.

As a test, I connected another PC INSTEAD of the streaming PC on USB 2 of the mixer: The exact same problem exists here, too!

And of course I have tried different USB cables, even the one from USB Port 1: same problem with this cable on port 2…with the cable that works seamlessly on port 1…

Conclusion: the problem does NOT come from the PC, but from the mixer.

If I put the audio signal via the X1850’s analog master out into a USB interface that is connected to the streaming PC, everything works perfectly. DENON sells the mixer with the “2 USB ports” feature…but it does not work reliably!

I’m slowly losing faith in the DENON DJ brand as this is now the second major problem within the first year (broken fader, but that can happen. It’s a shame, I’m actually a big fan.

DaPisk. Thank You for sharing your experience with denon product and the denon community. and my best guess is that you did get a responce from denon or found a solution to your issue. im too here for a similar issue. i have been a solid Denon User for over 30years and had nothing but just a happy customer from denon. and to be honest NEVER had the need to come to this forums to express my experience with denon. Untill NOW ever since i upgraded from my Denon2600F units to the SC6000/x1850 it has been Nothing but issues. its been now over 3years since i got these units and update after update issues and issues and issues. Each and evertime im more fearfull of even turning these units ON. i miss my days of plug and play and be able to focus on the event. and with these units i find that i just can’t Provide Professional and Reliable Dj Service. im just so disappointed in Denon Products now. Hopefully someone at Denon gets to respond to his supporting community.