Denon X1850 behaving weirdly

Hi When I first purchased my mixer it came preinstalled with firmware 1.6 and I had an issue with the effects and mic buttons, they appear “ON” (illuminated) even though there off, after updating to 1.7 the issue is still there.

Here is a video that I took during a recent gig, it shows both “Wash out” and “Gate” buttons turned on even though I have only “Wah out” selected, and when I press on “Noise” they both turn off and “Noise” turns on.

I noticed another major issue today in the middle of a gig, one of the channels suddenly cuts off and I didn’t know what was the problem, after I checked everything out it turns out that the mixer switched the input from digital to something else regardless of the knob position which was on digital.

Here is a video showing the issue and what happened, I started a track on the player and no input is shown on the channel meter, after I switched it from digital to line and back to digital the volume comes back again and it shows on the meter.

I hope that you fix this as soon as possible because its unpredictable and could happen at any time.

Thanks is advance.

Update: Yesterday channel 4 started acting weird, at first the input switched from digital to something else and I had to switch from digital to line and back to digital again for it to work, then It sounded like I have an effect going on and I had to turn the effect knob right and left and back in the center again to remove the effect.

Has anyone faced these issues and what did you do to fix it? is it bad firmware?

Your situation appears to be unique. If it was the firmware then every x1800 customer would be getting the same issues all over the world and screaming about it - and they’re not.

It would seem like a fault with a component or components in your individual particular mixer itself. I’d suggest getting the mixer taken or sent to an InMusic authorised service centre.

Yeah I don’t recall anyone having these issues, my mixer is X1850 not X1800 and its barely two months old, I’ll contact the place where I bought my mixer form and see what they’ll do.

1 Like