Denon SC6000M glitch at end of song

When i let a song finish and spin back the platter the sound goes away on both layers and both wave forms hop around for a second or two. This was discovered on an SC6000M with an LC6000 attached both running engine DJ 3.0 and both using digital out.

This is very obvious when scratching with the snare sample and i want to swing it back to continue scratching with it. It completely kills the sound of layer 2 for a second and both waveforms glitch.

Here is a quick rough upload showing the problem:

Is there a fix or has this been reported before? Couldn’t find anything on it.

It might just be an errant execution of some mitigation for dealing with the magnet cogging wobble when the motor unfortunately stops as it reaches the track end. Instead of it only briefly muting the track on the M that reached 00:00 time remaining, it might be muting both.

Still not fixed in 3.0.1 . Spinning back at the end of a song still mutes and glitches both layers for a moment. Fingers crossed for next update.

I had this exact issue, and was even considering returning my SC6000M, but the 3.0.1 fixed

I’m on 3.0.1 and I’ve noticed that too. On a related note: I sometimes / often load short samples to cut & scratch on my 6000M players - so I find that the issue mentioned in this thread is particularly annoying when scratching and what makes it even worse is that the platter stops spinning as soon as the player hits the end of the sample. Is there a way to just keep the SC6000M platter spinning even after it reaches the end of a sample / track???

I suggested this user option as a means of dealing with a number of current issues like the cogging wobble at the end on the Ms, that wobble preventing the recently implemented mitigation against accidentally setting the main cue zero to the very end if you hit Cue after it stops from working properly, and the weird hot cue behaviors, not to mention it’d better resemble vinyl, but this was shot down by InMusic as being too inconsistent with the non-Ms if it was allowed, since it would not give a visual indication in the Play/Pause & Cue LEDs that the track had stopped. It seems to me that if the remaining time reads zero and there’s no audio on that layer, that should be enough indication of the music’s end on an M.

I suppose possible current solutions for you might be setting a loop, turning slicer mode on, or going into an audio editor and appending a bunch of silence to your samples.

It’s been a good idea on many file playback devices to copy the short sample into the middle of a more manageable length of file.

So create a load of 30 seconds long blank audio files then paste the short audio clip into the middle of the blank file.

I really appreciate your feedback ppl - thanks.

Yeah, thought i’d ask that ‘silly question’ before i started editing my 700 or so samples & scratch sounds into longer audio files.

I think that the 6000M player should do everything it can to emulate real vinyl turntables - that’s the point right? That’s why we paid a bunch more money for the spinning platters (compared to the non-Ms).

Honestly, how hard can it be to have the same firmware for all the players (Ms & non-Ms) that simply detects that it’s on an M (versus a non-M) and, when it’s on an M, it just gives a switch in the settings menu to let the user decide whether or not to keep platter spinning at the end of the file. It’s like maybe 2 lines of code, and, by implementing in this simple way it would not ‘violate’ anything, while greatly improving the ‘true vinyl’ experience (whereby turntables don’t stop spinning just because the audio sample has ended, as well as solving a bunch of other issues).

Anyway, looks like I’ll have to hit the audio editing software for a ridiculously long time to extend all of my short samples with silence (maybe I’ll write a macro or something to "auto-add’ silence at the end of my short sample files as a batch process. Not fun!

1 Like