Denon SC5000M freezes in pre-listening mode

I have this problem often. There are serious performance issues with these decks. :frowning:

2 Likes

External drives will be slower. I have a T5 and used that to test and holy smokes, it’s way slower than the SSD.

1 Like
  • Good afternoon, I have the same problem with pre-listening to the tracks of the soundboard in which it hangs for an indefinite number of seconds during pre-wiretapping ((( I have denon sc5000 ( when will this problem be solved? everything works fine on the linked soundboard!

This is how it works on sc5000 *

I took a new clean formatted “Fat32” flash drive, fast flash drive, the flash drive is connected to the player in the rear usb port, all AIFF files, recorded about 30 tracks, all files are recorded via Engen Dj via the sync manager! I also did this with the samsung T5 hard drive, the system also hangs! Moreover, there is no such problem on the player that is linked, everything works without hanging! The player has the latest firmware 3.2

1 Like

Are you saying that the host/primary device is hanging , but the linked/client device is fast?

2 Likes

As far as I understand, master player has freezes while using pre-listening. On a second player connected via the network, pre-listening works fine.

It seems to me that this is because on the player connected via the network the operation is performed asynchronously, on the master it is performed synchronously and this causes the freeze… but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Thanks. I only noticed the slow response on the host, never tested a linked SC5K.

If this is true, then it should be an easy fix.

1 Like

That’s right!!!

We are very much waiting and hoping for a correction!))

1 Like

Same! I love my SC6KMs! :grin:

1 Like

I love my SC5K! :grin: