Denon sc5000 Prime problem

Can you help and tell me how to make factory reset on Denon sc5000 Prime ?. I Know that - Utility → Reset all settings to default , but after switching on the player nothing work .

Hi @Georgui - Someone will be able to help if you could tell us what the actual problem is. Maybe detail what you mean by ‘nothing work’ obviously it’s powering on so we need a bit more to go on to offer you any advice. Thanks!

Good point…

I don’t know , it’s a software , or hardware problem . The player don’t read the flash memory ( put the memory in usb ) , the buttons do not work . I tried to reinstall the new version , both on the computer and with flash memory, but nothing works . Do you want me to upload a video of the problem , or so everything is clear ?

Same Problem here. All lights stay on after rebooting/ restarting. Because no button is working I can‘t open the utility menu. No USB-Device is recognized, no Connection via USB possible. Is there a special button combination to set the unit back to Factory setting?

1 Like

Off to bed so I’ll read this later.

Does update mode work?

SOURCE + EJECT + LAYER > Power ON

Yes, I am able to activate the update mode with those four buttons, but it is not possible to update while it is connected via USB out with the computer. The computer still says, I have to enter the utility mode of the Denon sc5000 to connect and update the macbook via USB. This is confusing, since at this point I am clearly already in update mode.

Could you try another computer or USB-port?

Also check that you use the non-M firmware if you have a normal SC5000.

Of cause I tried several different USB-ports on my mac and my windows PC. The PC said „USB device not recognized“. I also tried a blue USB-3.0 and a black USB-2.0 cable. I tried to turn the denon sc5000 and the computers on and off again. I also installiere the new denon driver for windows. I also tried to update via all three USB slots of the denon sc5000.

I chose the sc 5000 software without „M“. Thanks for the ideas anyway!

Okay. I think it’s time to contact Support | Engine DJ and create a ticket there.

I wrote them already some days ago.