Denon prime 4 software update problem

The system was purchased new from Guitar Center. The system which ran on version 1.6.2 - I tried to update the system to 2.3.0 and when it rebooted it stopped working. The system will turn on lights on board all light up, the screen display shows 2.3.0 and says Engine dj, then switches screen to say updating on left side and right side of screen then screen goes black and system shuts off. I have emailed denon support and they sent me 2.0 to download and gave me instructions on how to “reset” the decks by holding down SHIFT and EJECT at the same time until engine DJ popped up with the microchip. I have tried this and still nothing. Screen is frozen and shuts off after a few seconds. Please help!

If you are with that view, it means your console wants to receive the new firmware via the USB connection to your computer. Therefore you have to connect a PC (or MAC) to the USB3 port of the Prime 4 (use the blue cable you received), then use the method of uploading firmware via computer.

1 Like

I already did that. The loading screen comes up on my denon but the software menu on my mac laptop says upload error. I even tried downloading it more than once incase. I am coming from 1.6.2 to 2.3.0 and Denon support says I have to go back down to 2.0.

I had my denon dj prime 4 console working perfectly I just turned it on and I got the option of a new update to 2.3 I updated fine when I restarted I got the new option of another update to 2.3.1 now my console when it turns on it stays there it does not start well then it turns off by itself … I need an urgent solution … I depend on this console to work … THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Hey David,

I have spoken to Denon technical support and I was given instructions on how to fix this issue and still nothing is working. I’ve tried putting my P4 into download mode by holding shift + eject while powering on the device and then downloading to an older version which was 2.0. my decks went back to normal after this so I went ahead and downloaded 2.3.0 and still my decks will say it’s 2.3.0 when powering on. Once I arrive at the home screen it’ll say engine dj and updating then shuts down after 10 seconds. I then tried my own way and went ahead and downloaded every single 2. version to see if that maybe was the issue and it was not. I am going to try and see if the newer 2.3.1 version works. I have also tried downloading the new version via USB stick AND via the web and still nothing. Denon told me it could be a hardware issue and that I may have to send my decks in for repair. I hope this isn’t the case because my decks are brand new and I have to cover the shipping costs.I also cannot guarantee my decks won’t get damaged in transit. This is all very frustrating. I have read every single thread and watched every youtube video trying to solve this. I have been on the phone with Denon over 6 times and I have had no luck yet. Please let me know if you have figured it out.

I can’t believe that with an update that is supposed to bring improvements to the console… The only thing I really think was problems… I hope that the people who develop this software take responsibility for what is happening with the teams because of their updates… I managed after many hours to make the Console work again but since the moment the deck on the right side does not show me any image with the information of the song or the image that the song has. … The screen on the deck turns on but it doesn’t show anything like before doing the horrible update… I already downloaded the software to version 2. 0 hoping that some error in the installation would be corrected but in no version does it want to go back to be like before I made this update that has damaged my console so far… If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I am infinitely grateful since, as I mentioned before, I bought this console for my work now I am at risk of losing everything because of this disgusting update thank you very much a thousand blessings for all…

I agree. I’m on the verge of selling my prime 4. I have tried every solution and now I am in the process of sending my decks to Denon so they can either fix the hardware, give me a new prime 4, or give me a full refund. The only issue is I am past warranty for return. I have read both great and bad reviews. But the bad ones are unsettling. What if something happens during a live performance? What if there are more hiccups to come? When I called guitar center they said they were surprised because every prime 4 is sold out and they have yet to hear a complaint. Maybe I got a bad batch. I’m really leaning towards Pioneer now.

Hello Daniella, the truth is that I still haven’t solved the issue of displaying the disk image on the deck on the right side, I managed to restart the machine and download it to the 2.0.0 operating system so that I could use the console, but I’m just as excited as you that something bad happens in the middle of a show, I don’t know what to think if not even the people in charge of developing the software give any solution or answer, it is really very frustrating to be working with something that is working well and that the company offers you an update that is supposed to improve errors and not to leave your equipment disabled, putting your work and your way of life at risk… I hope we can find a solution… A thousand blessings…

Good afternoon to all the community…I would like to know if anyone else had any problems with any of the small screens found on each deck of the Prime 4 console, after performing the update as I mentioned in the previous post. screen of the right deck never showed information again, it was totally dead … now a new update came out and I was hoping that it would work again as it was before, but no, I am using the console to test it and see that it is working well in everything but the screen does not work…I am infinitely grateful if someone in this beautiful community can help me find a solution…thank you very much A THOUSAND BLESSINGS for all…

Hey David,

I am like you still without answers. I ended up having to send my prime 4 back to Denon for “repair”. Had to pay $150 for shipping. Quite bummed to be honest. Guitar Center had said they never had any customers call back with issues but I’m finding a lot of people dealing with similar or even worse problem online. I hope I have zero issues in the future after this is resolved. I hate to feel worried that something is going to happen during a live show. Good luck to you!

1 Like