Denon Prime 4 Serato DVS Trouble

Hi guys

Apologies if this is in the incorrect category. I am having issues setting up my Prime 4 for DVS using Serato.

Channel 3 is working absolutely fine, I don’t have internal mode selected and have relative mode selected, and i can select a track and the control vinyl works fine and is responsive. When using channel 4 all I can here is the control signal, Serato doesn’t recognise the turntable and isn’t responsive, but also the green Censor button on this channel flashes.

I have both channels set up the same, Phono at the dipswitch on the year, and USB at the front, but I can’t get anything out of channel 4. if plug my right turntable into channel 3 it works fine, but if I put my left turntable into channel 3 I get nothing, and I have no idea why.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

Just so I can confirm I haven’t gone mad, wasn’t this already on the forum and answered by me and @mufasa ?

Sorry yes, you may have done. I then realised it was in the wrong category so deleted and reposted here, but i couldn’t see any responses at that time.

If you could please provide the response again that would be appreciated.

thanks

My suggestion would be the Serato forum as you’re far more likely to encounter people using them with Serato on there.

Thanks Stu. I have also raised it with Serato but not joy as yet. It was more the censor button flashing that i was curious about as it isn’t something i have seen before.

1 Like

It’s definitely worth keeping open here too, unfortunately as a Serato and Prime user it’s not something I’ve ever done :disappointed:, due to the Prime 2 not working with it.

Could it be only the middle 2 channels are capable of processing DVS? I know my old SX2 that was the case.

It’s only channels 3 and 4 on the prime 4 but i think i have found the issue. There is some damage to the pins in the usb port at the rear of the controller which links it to my computer. one of them has snapped completely so i’m suspecting this is causing the issue as everything else is working, and my right deck works when hooked to channel 3. I have it booked in for repair this week, thankfully not too expensive, and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Cheers

1 Like

Those &*%$£ blue USB3 B ports are a pain in the arris. The central plastic square has broken off on both my Prime 4 and my MPC X SE (the only things I have with those style ports).

I need to get some glue…