Denon Prime 4 no longer plays any sound/volume

Engine OS 3.0.1

I use Prime 4 daily, but yesterday after I turned on my Prime 4, no volume or sound comes from Prime 4 anymore. I’m confused why, as nothing has changed in my setup and I did not update Prime 4. Curious if anyone else has issues where no sound comes from Prime 4?

The track plays and indicates volume levels, but no volume actually renders from my speakers.

I don’t think this is user error, but am open to suggestions.

I’ve had similar issues for the X1850 mixer. I lost sound on channel 1 cue and found I could get it back by moving the headphone volume knob. I’ve also lost bass on other channels until I move the bass knob and it resets itself.

I’m not sure what is happening, but it appears the engine OS is not able to get a handle on the fader and knob states once the unit is turned on. Once something moves, it has a reference point to re-engage.

All I can suggest is to try moving the channel gain and fader as well as the master volume before playing a track and see if that helps.

I had a similar issue with the Numark NS1 and Serato Itch many years ago. Serato and Numark commented that the faders had to be at zero and the channel knobs at unity before switching the controller on. It resolved the issue, but was a quirky work around This was later fixed by a firmware patch to the hardware and a software update.

Great suggestions, I tried them all, but no luck yet.

:face_with_monocle:… maybe your cables… amplifiers… speakers…. Any sound in headphones ?

There is sound in headphones, and the volume meters light up. Still no solution though

I have an issue right now where the main outputs get real quiet, and then suddenly loud again. I have switched over to the Booth output, and that seems to work, but the main outputs no longer are reliable. Do you get the issue on the Booth outputs?

I was able to resolve either through an update to Engine software on Prime 4, or by significantly tweaking the crossfader to get things “un-stuck” for lack of a better term