Denon MC 7000 Asio drivers with Virtual DJ

Denon MC7000

Hi Guys,

First post on here. I have a powerful Asus laptop with Nvidia rtx3060 drivers and running the latest version of Windows 11. I also use the very latest build of Virtual DJ. I have the latest Asio drivers direct from Denon installed on my laptop.

No matter what level of Latency I set my Asio drivers, the sound on my virtual DJ through the Mc7000 plays ok for around 5 mins but then has a lot of clicks in the sound. I have run Latency Mon and there is nothing causing any serious problems on my laptop. I turn of Kaspersky antivirus, WiFi adapter and Bluetooth adapter when I run vdj too. I have minimal apps running on my laptop as I have built it to have has little problem with latency as possible. I used to have a ioneer ddj sx2 which never had one single problem on exactly the same set up and software. I am about to send thenmc7000 back to the shop but thought I would post here as one last attempt to solve the problem. I can clearly hear and see this is a better controller than the pioneer but if I can’t get the sound working properly I will have to send it back.

Much appreciated for any help.

Try using asio4all or wasapi drivers instead to test

Hi Stay, Thanks for your reply. I had always heard that wasapi doesn’t have the quality of the proper Asio drivers and Asio 4 all is just a mask over wasapi drivers. I will try this but surely the Asio drivers should work.

Hi Stay, Tried Wasapi, exactly the same . Plays for around 5 mins fine and then cracks in sound. Tried all sound configsnto with internal card set as default sound etc. I am running latency and nothing is returning any page fault.or latency issues. I run my laptop Vis an external monitor but I can’t see how that will count if latency is so low. .I really am stuck as to what I can try next. Are there any Denon tech guys who could maybe help?

Hey @rams1884 - Happy to help here. Our team will probably need a closer look at your situation. Are you able to provide a quick video of what you’re experiencing? You can DM me a link to preview as well. I’d be happy to connect you with a technical support agent so they can take a closer look.

Hello,

I’ve been having the exact same problem for a few weeks. Same controller, same laptop (Asus brand). I have dates approaching and I don’t know what to do…

Je rencontre exactement le même problème depuis quelques semaines. Même contrôleur, même PC portable (marque Asus). J’ai des dates qui approchent et je ne sais plus quoi faire…

Thank you for your answer. How do I know if there are errors in LatencyMon? I don’t understand it at all.

Merci pour ta réponse. Comment je sais si il y a des erreurs dans LatencyMon ? Je n’y comprend rien du tout.

Nothing to report apparently on this side

Rien a signaler apparemment de ce côté là

I have the same issue as the original post.
New laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad 17" Gen4 Processor: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11850H Processor with vPro™ (2.50 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 24 MB Cache) Hard Drive: 2 TB SSD Memory: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz Graphic Card: NVIDIA RTX™ A2000 4GB GDDR6 Windows 10 No bloatware on it from Lenovo

I get horrible crackle sounds after a few minutes in VDJ. Its not VDJ as it plays on laptop fine while not connected to MC7000. When it starts, I can go to latency settings and change Ultra Latency from on to ‘off’ & it fixes it for a moment, then starts again, then change back to ‘on’ and again goes away for a little while. I’ve got the latest windows drivers from Denon & the latest firmware from Denon.

What next? This seems to be a Denon / MC7000 issue

OK but what’s the latency/buffer size (in the Denon control panel) set to? If you have it too low, you’ll get crackles.

Hi, Did you get this sorted. I have the same issue with my MC7000 and Windows 11. my laptop is A HP Omen 17-ck0013na (Core I7 11800H,16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB, 1TB SSD running Windows 11 Home) I have a Denon MC7000 and an MC4000 as backup. I’ve set everything up but on playback the sound from MC7000 crackles along to the music. If I play the test tone in windows through the MC7000 it also crackles. My old laptop (Win 10) works with the MC 7000 just fine. When I plug the new laptop into the MC4000 it works fine with no crackles. I’ve tried changing the latency for the MC7000 both up and down but it still has the same issue. I have a Pro infinity VDJ Licence running the latest version. It seems to me that the MC7000 ASIO driver is not windows 11 compatible!!

Thanks for the response Kradcliffe. I tried WASAPI but still got the same. I will check the UltraLatency setting as that’s one I’ve not looked at. I have removed all the bloatware from the new laptop. I’ve spent quite a bit of trying to get the latency down. Latency Mon makes it look like it should just work. I may try looking at removing drivers shortly. Like you i’ve used ASIO drivers for years. I have an MC6000 MK1 in the Unit and a HD2500 both which I used with VDJ and ASIO drivers. This is the only time that I have had this issue. The Win 10 laptop is an old HP ENVY Dv6 and is still working fine. I just fancied a new laptop lol. Funny thing is about the new Win 11 laptop with the MC7000 is that when I hit apply on the ASIO while music is playing with the crackles the crackles stop for a number of seconds and the sound is clear, then the latency issue rears it’s head and the crackles come back. I’ll give those MCX8000 drivers a go just incase. I did try ASIO4all but still the same. I may be formatting the SSD of the new laptop and installing windows 10 at this rate.

It does indeed. I just had a look and the UltraLatency is on ‘yes’ I’ll try it on ‘no’

That is a standard thing with latency, resetting the audio drivers fixes it temporary because it clears the buffer. Run Latency Mon several times with audio playing to check for issues with various win drivers/services. I would leave reinstalling OS as a last measure.

Good thing with win is there is almost always something you can do to fix it.

I think i’m at that last resort now. I’ve used latencymon and got the latency down as low as I can so that it now says that it should work. Unfortunately it still doesn’t. The good thig is that the laptop is new and i’ve checked with HP and i’s fine for me to downgrade it. The only software I have put on it Virtual DJ so it won’t take long for me to get it setup once I’ve done the downgrade. Thanks

Then go for it. Would be nice if you could post some of your LatencyMon screenshots

Hi Folks, i think the solution is to unistall the drivers under windows11, reboot the pc keeping MC7000 off. Then install the drivers in compatibility mode (windows 7 or Windows 8). I have tried both solutions, and it seems to work great. I’m trying today, i use Virtual DJ pro infinity and i can keep asio buffer at 256 bit (latency 5 ms on my machine). Try this solution you too, and write if it is really the solution.