Denon Engine With Mixed In Key Cue? BEAT GRID WAY OFF

Alright Here it goes here is the Issue, Im using Mixed in Key (MIK) to get Correct Bpm and Key as well as BeatGrid, and get the Hot Cues, as we know that you cant get the hot cues out to Denon Engine unless you go thru Rekordbox so here is what Im doing, opening rekordbox throwing my music in there, analyzing it, export collection to XML format, close Rekordbox, going to Mik, analyze the tracks, export Hot cues and information to that same rekordbox XML, closing MIK then open Rekordbox refresh Xml , pull the Mik hot cue playlist , importing playlist to collection, ALL OF that works, BeatGrid is off still (didnt know that until later… ill explain) all the hot cues are there and everything as of this point so i know ive done that much properly. OKay now I export my collection again to the same XML file overwriting existing. I close rekordbox and open up DENON ENGINE, I have now imported the Collection from Rekordbox into Engine and added to my Engine Collection. It imports all right and the hot cues Which I selected upon importin that (HOT CUES/Loops) so it works. and that part is fine so i know that was done properly. My issues is that, when I go to load a track whether on ENGINE DJ or on my Prime 4 the BeatGrid is so far off and the BPM is off as well. instead of a Track that was 128 its now 128.6 and the hot Cues or off as well. and the BeatGrip is just an atrocity. What I wanna know is how to fix this? Properly do I just say Screw rekordbox and the hot cues and Just go from mixed in key to Denon engine. cause ive done that too an the Beat grid is still off. Im just over it and been at this for 6 days as of this writing. To me this wouldnt be such a big deal if it was a small amount of tracks but its not its like 13,700Tracks and the beat grids and everything is just off. I also do not wanna sit there an manually edit 13k plus tracks. So my questions are why did it do that and what can i do to fix this faster with the manual edits. On 13k tracks or am I doing something wrong ? Im running the latest firmware on my Prime 4 and on Windows 11 ENGINE DJ OS. I only use the Prime 4 an thumbdrives when playing out. never on PC standalone mode just fyi. So if some one could help with some information on this that would be great !

Do the grids look alright in Rekordbox prior to making the XML?

If they do, try with a new Engine database

Rename the Engine Library folder to something else and import the XML again

You said the grids were off in recordbox too. You have to adjust the grids to be correct somewhere if you’re building a collection for the first time.

SO Mixed in key before i imported tracks before for ThumbDrives was always fine it was when I did my entire Collection period from Recordbox … 13K plus tracks.

Before I started this process they used to be okay… its when i updated everything to windows 11 started importing all my External HardDrives full of audio files and from my servers.

Had the same issues and been banging my head against the wall since I switched to engine.

Do a fresh analysis of your collection through engine is the best way. You will need to adjust some beatgrids that’s just the way it is with any software to a more or lesser degree.

I came from traktor and have had real headaches with the engine analysis!

Rather than adjusting your entire collection, I just create playlists of what I’m currently playing and adjust accordingly, once you’ve done that it works perfectly.

Unfortunately the Denon team absolutely have work to do to get the analysis up to traktor standard’s in my opinion but for now, that’s just how it is.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know you too were having the same issue I found the culprit for my problem though took awhile to figure out now that its been basically a week, the issue was the FLAC files I had in my collection were throwing off the BeatGriD and everything apparently its a known issue with Denon and Rekordbox that FLAC files are just going to lose date on the whole import export from Mik to rekordbox the engine or even from Mik to Engine. to fix the issue (which im in the middle of as we speak) converted all my Flac files to MP3 at the highest Bitrate possible without losing to much quality and then puttin them in there respective file folders then going to analyze them thru Mik then go straight to Engine. instead of going thru Rekordbox as much as i wanna use the Nice Mixed in Key Predetermined Hot Cues imma just stict to making my own and go from there. extra work but at least i know my Bpm and BeatGrids will be on point or at least with little to no error …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.