Denon dns 1200?

good morning, thanks for accepting me it is a pleasure to belong to this group, I have 48 years I have spent music since 13 years intermittently, the music has always been in me. I always had a couple of compactors already old Denon dns1000 and currently update a little nothing else, acquired 2 Denon dns 1200 whose power is 110v. In my country Argentina, the voltage is 220v, would you be so kind as to pass me the specifications of the transformer that I needed? Thank you very much, for accepting me and if you can help me.

Hello!

Not need other transformator. Need service manual, soldering iron, EU type AC cable, 1-2 spare part. The player 110V to 230V complicated. The DN-X1500 mixer more easy: only one shortener soldering other position. The DN-S1200 need +resistor, +condenser, +other mA fuse. Work time ~15-20 min.

All information available in service manual.

1 Like

Do you have any further info on this conversion?, from the circuit diagram it looks like the power board -2 needs 2x more diodes on the bridge rectifier(110 version has only 2) and the capacitors on 110 board are 100uf not the 470uf on the diagram, and a “condenser”(not sure what this refers to) on the -1 power board between the capacitors? Does any one have any info on making this conversion?

Hello!

I’m not have 1200. The Service Manual more info: 110V, 120V, 230V Please see part list with circuit diagram, and the part list 230V more parts, need more.

I not professioan electrician, only hobby. Or write elektrotanya.com hungarian electrical forum (not need hungarian language) and the professionals reply.

hi Dj_V, thanks for the reply, i used the circuit diagram of the dns 1200 and found the correct value components and changes, the modification went smoothly and both dns 1200s are now happily running on 240v :smile: (disclaimer: i don’t advise anyone unqualified to do this because of the voltages involved, but the change over is fairly straight forward for a qualified person to carry out though.)

1 Like