Denon DJ Prime GO: Computer Mode, Remove from Playlist function and Input LED Meters

Hello everyone,

as you know, computer mode (connection to PC via USB B), barring any future rethinking and upgrades by Denon DJ, is currently designed and provided only for firmware updates and interface with Serato DJ and Virtual DJ softwares.

Given that in standalone (Engine DJ OS) it is not possible to remove tracks from playlists directly from the machine, but this is possible (by right-clicking the appropriate function) only through Engine DJ Desktop, it is evident how this is particularly uncomfortable: you must first keep in mind the track or tracks to remove (they can also be many, and selected at different times!), then safely disconnect the USB or SSD drives connected to Prime GO, connect it to the PC , open Engine DJ Desktop and, finally, locate and remove as soon as thought: a nice lengthiness!

I am aware of the existence on the web of a kind of “petition” for Denon DJ to enable the computer mode also, and simply, to recall, download and play on Engine DJ OS the tracks contained in the pc or in supports connected to it (e.g. “computer playback” )… we hope that the request for this elementary but user-friendly solution will be heard…

To tell the truth (I’m sure I’m not wrong!) two days ago I happened to experiment on my machine (Engine OS v3.1.1) unexpectedly and for an entire afternoon, without however being able (I tried everything) to repeating the experience the next day… to validate it I remember perfectly, on the Prime GO screen, the appearance on the loading tracks of a small, gray progress bar called “download”, and a certain, acceptable slowness of the process. Is Denon DJ conducting some “server-side” experiment about this???

Meanwhile, my DIY “solution”:

1. Connect your primary (main) external USB drive or SSD to Prime GO;
  2. connect an up-to-date backup/copy USB or external SSD drive to the PC;
  3. start Engine DJ Desktop on the PC;
  4. start Prime GO in normal standalone mode;
  5. select the same playlist on the two units;
  6. run the selected playlist with Prime GO, choose the tracks and remove them (or make any other modification…) in real time by operating via Desktop on the unit connected to the PC;
  7. at the end, perform “restore” (!!!) from backup/copy unit to main unit with your usual backup/sync software;
  8. done!

Finally: it would be useful to include two led meters (one per channel) on the screen which indicate the input level (as it was in the “compact” and beloved MC6000MK2…): this would greatly facilitate gain adjustment in the mixing…

Great machine, though…

You should take a look in the forums feature request section… some of what you want is already being voted for and you could have just added one of your ten forum votes to those existing requests.

Anything in your list of suggestions above that don’t have a request already, you can add using the appropriate online form - but only one request per form, so people know what they’re voting for.

Remember though , not all requests will happen, no matter how many votes they get as some things simply can’t be done if hardware restrictions prevent it - like there is no way of adding equalisation to the mic channels on the Go… it’s a hardware impossibility and no amount of firmware updates will ever add mic EQ

3 Likes