Death of my sc6000

So, for no apparent rhyme or reason, one of my pair of sc6000’s has decided it no longer wants to power on. Two weeks ago it was absolutely fine, played through a 2 hour set with no hiccups, no technical issues whatsoever, but I attempted to power it on for tonight session and there was no activity at all.

I did suspect a faulty cable, so I changed that out, still no life. Cable tested with the mixer and that booted fine so I know the power cable was good.

I have also tried all known combinations of resetting in the hopes it is something silly. Sadly there is just no life in it at all…no lights, no nothing.

I suspect for some unknown reason the power supply has gone pop. Frustrating thing about this is that the deck is never travelled, in fact never moved from its position in a smoke and food free studio room, it is attached to a conditioned power supply and it is covered with a deck saver.

I have reached out to the retailer that sold it to me, and thankfully as it is still in warranty they should help me, fingers firmly crossed.

I have searched on here but most of the posts I have seen have been issues with shutting off the deck and not issues with it not powering on.

Has anyone had this issue? Was there any easy fix and if not was it repaired / replaced by your retailer or Denon themselves?

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my sc6000’s, and the go and the 5000’s I had before hand….I’m just saddened that despite my best efforts to keep this unit in pristine condition, it died on me!

Sorry for the rather long winded post, I think I’m just a little taken back by the issue on a night I really just needed it to work!

1 Like

Sounds like you’ll get it replaced, but if not, reach out to Denon directly because they are aware of how inconsistent their products are and how many times this problem has occurred.

My friend bought two 6000M’s last week and one arrived dead. Like yours, it wouldn’t turn on and he had to send it back.

The Prime series all have serious reliability problems. I’ve already had to send two 5000’s back (within 4 years), an x1800 back, and my friends had to return a 6000M and an x1800. You will have people counter-argue what I’m saying, but those people are A. too far invested with their purchase and they luckily haven’t experienced any problems yet, so they refuse to believe these problems exist, or B. they do not DJ that much and haven’t encountered problems yet.

2 Likes

Thanks both, thankfully I got in touch with the reseller who has arranged collection for me so it can go back to denon for repair.

It was a huge surprise though as it has been solid as a rock up until now. I do think it must be the psu, or perhaps a component on the mainboard, but it is disappointing to say the least.

I wouldn’t mind but the deck is essentially treated with kid gloves, doesn’t go anywhere and is protected with a deck saver….doesn’t even get a chance to get dusty! Lol!

I agree with the warranty period being too short, I would think 3 years, or even 2 would be closer to the mark…1 year isn’t quite enough I don’t think.

In any event, hopefully the repair process will be relatively quick and simple to diagnose. Thank goodness I have the prime go as a backup solution.

Thanks for your replies both…I will keep this thread updated with details should anyone else get the same experience.

Hey @crimsonsimon - Very sorry to hear about your experience. Glad to hear you are still under warranty as your dealer should be able to help. At any rate, if you need further assistance, feel free to DM me your information (name, phone number, and email) and I can connect you direct with a technical support agent.

Alternatively, creating a ticket via Support | Engine DJ is a great way to put your issue in front of our team. Either way, happy to help.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply on this one. I have reached out to the dealer who has arranged collection of the faulty deck today. Hopefully it won’t take too long to resolve the issue.

Many thanks

1 Like