"Dead Air" in between songs in playlist mode

I wish there was a way to segue songs together in continuous playback mode (automix) using the main mix. I’ve tried using it for cocktail and dinner music and there are gaps in between songs. The same feature for the zone output should be available for the main mix out as well. There should also be an option to beat mix songs in playlist mode as well and the time should be adjustable (16 or 32 beats). The length of time and mix type should be selectable between “Radio” which starts the next song when the previous song fades out and the start time should begin as soon as the previous song begins to fade out. I hope this feature can be integrated into a future firmware update. Thanks.

There’s already a suggestion thread for this notion that you can add your like to.

The prime 4 will avoid dead air when playing playlists out to the zone output on ch4 but not when playing out to master outputs (who thought that through? No-one, is my guess) . Some DJs have been running leads from zone out into a spare mixer Chanel to get gap less music from zone out to their master outs

CORRECTION ON MY POST: Didn’t read that you were talking MAIN mix, not ZONE. Carry on…

I’m expecting the delivery of my Prime 4 today. From what I’ve read in the release notes history, version 1.4 addressed this:

Quote: * Added ability to set crossfade time for Zone Out playlist (PRIME 4)

See the full release history below.

I’ll be sure to check it out later today (fingers crossed).

1 Like

Yes, Prime 4 now has a automix option. :clap::clap:

This is very useful for wedding dj’s during dinner music. Do this option will not appeal to everyone needs. Unfortunately, it’s not well implemented.

Just be aware….

If you have dead space at the beginning of the track it will do absolutely nothing for it besides start mixing in the dead space from 12 seconds of the ending of the prior track into the next track with dead space at the beginning.

Now, If you have dead space at the end of the song it will work for catching that unless you have more than 12 seconds of dead space.

In which 12 seconds is simply not enough. At least 60 seconds should be the standard for flexibility.

Also, there is no waveform during the automix option. It would be nice to toggle to a waveform for many reasons.

*The Prime 4’s Automix really needs…

:white_check_mark: A Toggle to Waveform option.

:white_check_mark: More time added (60 seconds).

:white_check_mark: Separate Fade In (up to 60 seconds) & Fade out (up to 60 seconds) individual time options for each one.

*Unless you edit and cut / trim your music files to start / end exactly on time cue points preparation is not going to be recognized during automix.

*I have well over 80,000 music files and dinner music for all nationalities. Trimming dinner music is not a task i which to consume my time with. I’m sure you will agree.

*The only true workaround is to bring a laptop with Virtual Dj and hook it up to the Ptime 4 (kinda defeats the standalone purpose) and let it use Virtual Dj’s advanced automix options such as a “double press” on a song instantly starts mixing it in. This alone could be a real lifesaver, especially if you happen to get a corrupt file (or Unrated) one.

See I don’t agree with this at all, if you’re a professional DJ who gets paid for it then that type of prep is exactly what you should be doing to ensure things run smoothly. Either that or create some mixes at home yourself to play during those times.

I work in system support and I have monotonous jobs to do all the time, but the company are paying me so I have to do them, how is your music prep any different?

I’m sure the guy in the car factory isn’t too happy about tightening his 2000th bolt of the day, but is happy enough when his wages appear in his bank at month end.

Working life is boring by and large, but you get out of it what you put in.

1 Like

I’m in total agreement with this.

There’s more to DJing than some people seem happy to put into it. Be the driver, not a passenger.

1 Like

That’s my thoughts Pasha. I only do it as a hobby in reality, with a bit of side work from gigs on top of my day job. Even then I still put as much effort into DJing as I do my normal work.

If it was my primary source of income id have everything ultra organised and make sure im putting the 9-5 work in during the week to keep everything in order. I remember a few years back my Serato library being a complete mess, with basically everything in a single crate and my music being all over the place on my computer. I decided to put a stop to it and spent about a week trawling through and cleaning everything up, sorting playlists out, tagging tracks etc.

1 Like

You guys need to be more respectful of other folks request.

And Stop trying to change the subject and drop your two cents in and then leave like you Sh&$ ice cream because neither of you guys do… :clown_face::clown_face:

2 Likes

Clown emojis don’t add any weight to your nonsense comments, on the contrary they make you look exactly that, a clown.

Also nobody is claiming anything outside of some basic care and attention for their craft. Perhaps you should try it sometime.

It’s always easy to tell when you have touched a nerve and told someone a couple of uncomfortable truths, they tend to react like you have here. So thanks for confirming that deep down you know you’re not putting the effort in you should :+1:t3:

1 Like

Yet another reason some folks on this forum simply can’t stand you. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s not a popularity contest, I’m glad you speak for everyone though :+1:t3: